Holy moly, the flavor of this Chocolate Rootbeer Cupcakes Recipe is the best! The next time you’re craving a fun cupcake or a chocolate cupcake, this is the recipe for you! Be sure to check out the rest of my cupcake recipes for even more sweet treats.
If you love to cook or bake, check out these chocolate root beer float cupcakes! They’re the best desserts and treats, ever!
It’s hard to say what cupcake flavor you’re going to like more. If you like root beer, you’re going to be happy. And if you like chocolate, you will also love it!
Chocolate Rootbeer Cupcakes Recipe
Anytime I tell the boys that we’re making soda cupcakes, they’re always excited for them to be done. I like to have them help with the mixing and the filling of the cupcake liners so that they’re part of the process.
My boys agree that the flavor of these cupcakes is really unique and delicious. These are really fun to make as a way to treat your tastebuds to a cupcake combination that you don’t hear about or see very often!
Can I change the flavor of the cake?
You bet. Since this is a cake mix cake, you just need to change up the flavor of the cake mix to change up the whole flavor of the cake. It’s as simple as that. Just choose a flavor that will go well with root beer!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Rootbeer Chocolate Cupcake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Chocolate Cupcakes with Root Beer at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re on the fence about meal planning, it’s time to join me! You’re going to love the ease of making a meal plan as simple as the example shown below. Meal planning shouldn’t stress you out at all!
Main Dish: Easy Casserole Recipes
Vegetable Side: Healthy Roasted Hawaiian Medley
Starch Side: Garlic and Parmesan Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Non-Alcoholic Peppermint Drink Recipes
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Rootbeer Chocolate Cupcake Recipe, you’re going to crave even more sweet treats! I’ve gathered up some of my favorite cupcakes that I can’t wait for you to try!
You’re going to love the flavor of this Sweet and Yummy Strawberry Soda Cupcake Recipe!
Find out how easy this Orange Cupcakes with Italian Meringue recipe is!
Love Halloween? Check out these Mini Orange Halloween Cupcakes!
Whip up these Oreo Cookie Cupcakes for your next sweet craving.
I love making these adorable Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
When you’re craving a treat that you can walk and eat, this Delicious Brownie Cupcake Recipe is one of the best.
Check out how delicious this M&M Candy Bar Cupcake Recipe is! A must for candy fans!
Can you freeze baked cupcakes?
Yes, you can freeze baked cupcakes. I recommend that you freeze them prior to adding any frosting. You can always frost them once you unthaw them later.
More Chocolate Recipes:
- Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies
- OREO White Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼-1 ¾ cups root beer soda
- cupcake liners (
- 2 sticks of softened salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half/whole milk
- 2 tablespoons root beer soda
- piping bag and tip
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Paper straws (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add the cupcake liners.
- Add the cake mix to a bowl and mix in the eggs, oil, and soda on medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Put in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and beat it until it's fluffy - which will take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the half and half (or milk) and root beer together in a different bowl. (This is important!)
- Mix in the powdered sugar slowly, one cup at a time. Add a bit of the liquid mixture from above in between each cup of sugar. Mix for 1 minute or until the texture is creamy.
- Add to a piping bag and frost the cooled cupcakes. Put a cherry and staw on top.
Are you going to double this simple cupcake recipe or make it like it is?