You know you want to make this Black Cherry Soda Cupcakes Recipe! If you’re a fan of cherry desserts, why not make cherry coke cupcakes? So good!!! Be sure to check out the rest of my cupcake recipes for even more baked sweet treats.
If you love soda like coca cola and cherry juice, this cupcake recipe is going to be your new favorite treat. Everyone will crave the flavor!
It’s true that soda and a cake mix will make the best-tasting cupcake recipes, ever. Trust me on this one and just make these easy homemade cupcakes.
Black Cherry Soda Cupcakes Recipe
Not only is the flavor of these cupcakes amazing – but they look super beautiful as well. This cupcake recipe is super simple to make because you get to use a cake mix which cuts down on a ton of prep time!
My boys love this recipe because they LOVE cherry soda. Factor in the fact that we load them down with a ton of frosting, and they’re literally living out their dessert dreams!
How do you know a cupcake is done baking in the oven?
Having a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake is the way to test the doneness. If the toothpick that you put into the center comes out clean, then you know that the cupcakes are baked and ready to pull from the oven.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cherry Soda Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Black Cherry Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is one of my favorite ways to get ahead for the day! Plus, it’s a stress-free way to let everyone know what the meal and side dishes are as well!
Main Dish: Quick and Easy Ground Beef Recipes
Vegetable Side: Copycat KFC Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Non-Alcoholic Peppermint Drink Recipes
Best Soda Recipes:
Once you make this Black Cherry Soda Cupcake Recipe, it’s time to see what else you can make using soda! It’s a great ingredient that can really add a ton of fun flavor. I’ve fathered up some of my favorites below that I think you’ll love.
This Sweet and Yummy Strawberry Soda Cupcake Recipe is one of my favorites, too!
Check out the flavor of this Dr. Pepper Cupcakes Recipe!
If you want something refreshing, this Strawberry Soda is the best!
This list of New Year’s Eve drink recipes will give you a ton of tasty ideas!
I know you’re going to love this Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake!
If you’re a fan of Mountain Dew, make this Mt Dew Boxed Cake Mix Cupcake Recipe for a fun treat!
Find out how to make this Coca Cola Cupcake Recipe and tell me what you think!
Can I change up the flavor of the soda?
Yes, you can change the flavor of soda! We love black cherry, so that is what we use but really any type of soda flavor will work!
More Cherry Recipes:
- Perfectly Sweet Pink Cherry Fudge Recipe
- Crazy Good Cherry Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- Cherry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼-1 ¾ cups Black Cherry soda
- *Black Cherry Jello (divided)
- cupcake liners
- 2 sticks softened salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half/milk
- 2 tablespoons Black Cherry soda
- *Black Cherry Jello (divided)
- Red food coloring (optional)
- piping bag and tip
- Paper straws (optional)
- Black Sanding Sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add the cupcake liners to the pan.
- Add the cake mix to a mixing bowl and add in the oil, egg whites, and soda. Mix on medium speed until mixed well. Mix in about 1/2 of the jello.
- Add the batter into the cupcake liners until 2/3 full. Put in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Cream the butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the salt and vanilla. Mix in the rest of the jello.
- Mix the cherry soda and half and half together in a separate bowl. (This is important)
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Add a little bit of the liquid mixture from above in between each cup. Mix for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Stiff peaks should form. Add in the red food coloring.
- Add the frosting to the piping bag and frost the cupcakes. Add the sanding sugar on top.
Are you going to add a maraschino cherry on top or just load up even more frosting?