Seven layer dip is a game day favorite! It has all of the best elements of a taco loaded onto a chip. I’ve made a few changes to the typical seven layer dip by serving it warm! The layers of refried beans, spicy sausage, green chilis, salsa and cheese are cooked in the crock pot. When the cheese is melty, top with sour cream, tomatoes and green onions. You’ll have a tailgating recipe hit on your hands!
I’m Meghan and I blog over at The Tasty Fork. Once Labor Day comes around, Saturday & Sunday events are planned all around what football games we’re going to watch. Football is a big deal in our house! Since we have a pretty big TV, our friends love coming to our place to watch football. I’m totally fine with having people over but it does give me some pressure to make awesome game day food to impress the couch sitting fan.
Slow Cooker Seven Layer Dip is amazingly delicious!! It has all of the same elements of a cold seven layer dip but I like it served warm A LOT better! It’s like eating a taco on a chip when it’s warm! And I love tacos, so this is a winning recipe for me. It’s super easy to assemble in your crock pot. Slow Cooker 7 Layer Dip will take about 10 minutes to assemble and cook on the highest setting for 45-60 minutes. I love serving it from the crock pot because I can change the cook setting to warm and the dip will stay hot until it’s all gone. Can a dip cooked in the oven do that??!!
If you love tacos and seven layer dip, you must make this recipe! It’s a new twist on the classic seven layer dip recipe. Slow Cooker 7 Layer Dip is a “touchdown” recipe for the Ultimate Tailgating Party!! Last Sunday, I shared Grilled Chipotle Chicken Wings recipe on Southern Mom Cooks. What kind of recipe would you like me to share with you next Sunday? Let me know in the comments!!
- 1 lb ground spicy pork sausage
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Cooking spray
- 1.5 cups refried beans
- 4 oz can mild green chilis
- 1.5 cups salsa
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a hot skillet, cook sausage until browned. Combine salt & seasonings. Sprinkle over sausage while it's browning. When sausage is cooked, remove from skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Blot off excess oil.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread refried beans across the bottom of slow cooker, then layer sausage. Sprinkle green chilis and spread salsa on top. Top with cheese. Cook on a high setting for 45-60 minutes.
- When you're ready to serve, scoop out dip into individual bowls. Top with sour cream (about a tablespoon per person). Garnish with tomatoes & green onions. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.