This chicken and sausage sheet pan dinner is the perfect weeknight meal. Not only is it one of the best chicken dinners ever, but my family loved every single bite.
If you like this recipe, check out our Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe as well!
The great part about making this sheet pan chicken dinner is that the combination of the sausage and the chicken make quite the flavorful duo.
Plus, it’s all made together into one sheet pan meal!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Chicken and Sausage Sheet Pan recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
The awesome thing about sheet pan dinners is that they contain all your main food groups in the one, easy-to-clean, pan!
Simply add some rolls, drink, and dessert to call this one complete meal.
Refreshing Drink: Virgin Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Don’t forget Dessert: Pecan Pie Coffee Cake
Best Sheet Pan Recipes:
Once you make this delicious chicken and sausage recipe, your kids are going to want to have meals like this a lot more often! The good news? They’re all this simple and easy to make!
More Chicken & Sausage Recipes:
- 1 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (13 ounce) package Cajun sausage, cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup) spritzed with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the dry seasonings. Divide the seasoning and sprinkle the cubed chicken with half of the seasoning. Place on baking sheet, spacing evenly.
4. Add the vegetables to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Add the sausage and vegetables around the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning blend over everything on the sheet pan.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning chicken and vegetables halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.
● This creates a lot of food. I personally used two sheet pans, rotating the sheet pans in my oven about halfway through the bake time to cook evenly. If you do not have two large sheet pans, you can cut the recipe by half.
● The Cajun seasoning is optional but adds flavor as well as a kick of heat. If you choose to eliminate the Cajun seasoning, I recommend using ½ teaspoon paprika, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and ¼ teaspoon dried oregano.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.