Don’t miss out on this delicious and simple Skinny Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe! Soup recipes can be hearty and flavorful without being packed full of unhealthiness! If you’re a fan of soups, don’t miss out on this one.
A bowl of this is excellent for a quick and easy dinner and the perfect way to wind down at the end of the week. Having soup also means there are usually leftovers, which is a big plus!
Combining noodles, broccoli, and chicken is what makes the flavorful perfection. Just be ready – you’re going to want more than one bowl!
Skinny Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe
My boys were surprised by how much they liked this simple soup. It’s a simple recipe but has loads of flavor! They also loved how they could each add their toppings – and make it their own.
While this is delicious and hearty, it’s also a healthier option than other homemade soups. It’s all about finding the balance and creating a simple soup dish.
Depending on what you’re craving, you can add more or less broccoli. There is no wrong way to make this soup your own – so have fun!
What are the best toppings for homemade soup?
When it comes to homemade soup, the toppings can make it shine. While some may opt for the classic crackers or croutons, there are many other toppings that can add a burst of flavor and texture to your soup.
Sliced green onions or chives can add a fresh, subtle kick, while grated parmesan cheese can add a savory and salty flavor.
For a heartier soup, try topping it with cooked and crumbled bacon, diced avocado, or even a dollop of sour cream.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your soup toppings – there are endless possibilities to explore!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Chicken and Broccoli Soup at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Now is the time to start meal planning. You won’t regret it once you start, but taking the first step is essential! Join me – I’ve been planning the meals for years.
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Thai Sweet Asparagus Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pineapple Mint Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
Don’t forget Dessert: Smores Wontons Recipe
Best Soup Recipes:
Once you make this Hearty Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe, it’s time to keep these other recipes close at hand. Soup season is here – and now is the time to warm your belly with bowls of homemade coups!
This Chicken Chili Lime Soup Recipe has the best flavor and taste!
Try making a big batch of this Tangy Crockpot Pork Stew Recipe! So good!
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup has all the flavors that everyone in the house will love!
Making this Easy Taco Soup on the Stovetop is a breeze. One of the best!
Chicken Orzo Soup will make you want to have bowl after bowl. Go for it!
Trust me when I say this 5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup is a breeze.
I’m a massive fan of the flavor of this Girl Scout Stew Recipe! Gather the simple ingredients!
How do I store leftover soup?
When storing leftover soup, there are a few key things to remember. First, ensure the soup has cooled to room temperature before putting it in the fridge. This prevents any bacteria from growing and keeps your soup fresh for longer.
Next, transfer the soup to an airtight container. This helps to prevent any odors from seeping into the soup and also helps to keep it fresher for longer.
Finally, label and date the container to know how long it’s been in the fridge. Most soups will last in the fridge for around 2-3 days, so consume it in that time frame.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your leftover soup stays fresh and ready to eat whenever you want a warm and comforting meal.
More Broccoli Recipes:
- Boneless Pork Chops and Broccoli Recipe
- Delicious Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole The Kids Love
- ½ cup dry elbow macaroni
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup asparagus spears chopped
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped
- ¼ cup Fat Free shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp instant mashed potatoes optional
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Chop onion, carrot, celery, garlic by hand or mini food processor . I always use the tougher ends of asparagus I have broken off and saved from earlier weeks when I have roasted asparagus…I just throw them in a freezer safe container each time and add more whenever we have asparagus. When I cook this (or other soups), I just pull out however many I need…but you could certainly use chopped asparagus spears if you haven’t been saving those ends. I just hate wasting them each time!
- Spray a large soup pot or dutch oven. Add chopped vegetables and sauté on low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and fresh pepper to the pot and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add chicken broth, milk, nutmeg and dry mustard powder; whisking constantly. I use the broth I make from a roasted chicken carcass, but you could use regular canned broth and chopped chicken breast if desired.
- Add Chicken. Set heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil. Cover and cook on low about 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, parmesan cheese, and stir well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Cook uncovered until broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes or more to your liking.
- Add cheddar, mixing well until cheese melts and immediately remove from heat. Add cooked elbows and mix well, adjust salt and pepper again if needed.
- Add instant mashed potatoes to thicken, if desired. Eat right away so the pasta doesn't absorb all the broth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 897mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
What soup toppings are you going to add to this Simple Broccoli Soup Recipe?