Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a cold evening. When the weather turns cold, I start making soup a couple of times a week. It warms you up, fills you up, and basically makes you feel at home. At least that’s how my kids seem when they eat it. 🙂
Don’t just stick to the same old soup recipes this year! Try this list of over 35 comforting soup recipes that you can cook in the slow cooker or on the stovetop! Be sure to try some of these for this month’s meal plan and let me know which are your favorites! Check out our other easy soup recipes, too!
Over 35 Comforting Soup Recipes:
And, if you’re looking for soups you can cook with no stress at all, read my list of over 55 soups you can make in the crockpot!
1. Get your veggies in this warm and filling Asparagus Soup!
2. This recipe for Italian Sausage Tomato and Orzo Soup is like a pasta casserole in a bowl. Perfect for hungry kids!
3. I love the fall flavors in this Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. This would be an amazing first course for a fall dinner!
4. Turn pasta into soup with this recipe for Chicken Alfredo Soup!
5. My mom cooked corned beef and cabbage pretty often, but I never imagined it as a soup. This recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup looks hearty and delicious!
6. Kids love pizza! Make this easy Crockpot Pizza Soup and your kids are sure to want seconds!
7. We make lentil soup fairly often around here. It’s cheap and filling, so it’s perfect for a tight budget. I can’t wait to try this recipe for Hearty Lentil Soup!
8. Add more flavor to your veggie soup with this recipe for Roasted Vegetable Soup!
9. This Potato, Leek, and Ham Soup is a light recipe that will still fill up your hungry family!
10. This Simple Carrot Soup is gorgeous! It makes an excellent first course for a lunch or a brunch!
11. Get a meal in a bowl with this recipe for Zucchini Sausage Soup!
12. If your family deals with gluten sensitivity, this Gluten-Free Lasagne Soup is filling and yummy!
13. This Creamy Cauliflower Dill Soup looks so wonderful. It’d be amazing served with toasted bread!
14. Love Olive Garden’s soup? Try this Chicken and Gnocchi Soup and get the same taste at home!
15. This French Onion Soup is a huge hit in our family. Top it with cheese bread!
16. You can’t get much easier than a soup you can make with a handful of ingredients. Try this 3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup!
17. Boost your veggie protein with this Easy White Bean Soup!
18. Remember having tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches when you were a kid? Try the grown-up version with this Creamy Tomato Soup with Cheese Toast Croutons!
19. Make your own Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup and let it cook all day while making your house smell amazing!
20. This Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup is always popular with my kids! They’ll eat it two nights in a row!
21. Go low-carb with this recipe for Spicy Asian Chicken Zoodle Soup!
22. Add some kick into your soup with this recipe for Spicy White Bean and Sausage Soup!
23. Toss two kinds of beans into the crockpot and make this healthy Slow Cooker Black Bean and Lentil Soup!
24. Make your own version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana with this recipe for Kale, Potato, and Sausage Soup!
25. Add some cheesiness to your vegetables with this recipe for Asparagus and Cheese Soup!
26. Speaking of cheese, why not make this Slow Cooker Cheddar Soup and get all the cheese you want? LOL
27. This Peas and Carrot Soup with Dumplings is an excellent kid-friendly meal for those picky little eaters in the family!
28. Need to fill up the family? This Easy Chicken Sausage and Potato Soup is served with tortellini to make it super hearty!
29. Switch things up with this unique Thai Coconut and Corn Soup!
30. On Taco Tuesday, try this Chicken Tortilla Soup! Your kids will gobble it up!
31. This Creamy Chicken and Spinach Soup looks so delicious that I’m definitely putting it on my list of meals to try next month!
32. Wonton soup is super popular at Chinese restaurants. Make your own with this recipe for Easy Wonton Soup!
33. Go easy on the calories and still get the flavor with this Skinny Stuffed Pepper Soup!
34. This Beef and Barley Soup is wonderfully hearty for a winter dinner!
35. Skip the canned version and make your own delicious Chicken, Wild Rice, and Mushroom Soup!
36. This creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup only needs five ingredients! If you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table, this is perfect!
Comforting Soup Recipes and Resources:
Grab these Amazon affiliate resources to make these and other yummy and comforting soup recipes at home!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Monday 20th of November 2017
I love soup!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!
Tuesday 18th of April 2017
What a great soup collection, can't wait to explore the recipes! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon! Miz Helen
Donna @ Modern on Monticello
Saturday 15th of April 2017
I love soup so this post is great to pin for menu ideas later. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty