The combination of texture and flavor in these Asian Turkey Meatballs is incredible. You can pair them with just about anything, including some Japanese Udon noodles or some rice for a nice stir-fry. Substitute these meatballs instead of shrimp in this Shrimp and Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe, or create your own using your favorite type of rice and vegetables.
- 1 pound of turkey breast ground
- ½ cup of white onion finely chopped
- ½ bell pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of heated plum sauce
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
Place the turkey, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, knead all the ingredients until well blended. If the mixture doesn’t hold together, add a bit more bread crumbs. Make 18 meatballs approximately the same size.
Heat the olive oil to a medium temperature in a large skillet. I like to use my cast iron skillet but any will do. Add the meatballs and stir to brown on all sides. Cover and allow them to simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
Place the meatballs on a platter and top with the plum sauce, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve at once with noodles or brown rice.