If you love a little-bitty cake with chocolate and mint, well, you’re going to love these Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes. They’re simple and chocolatey, with the best moist softness that makes cakes great.
But, the best part? All that crunchy mint on top with that chocolate frosting. I mean, I’m all in for the mint. All in.
If you’re looking for more easy cake recipes, though, you should definitely check out these 25+ cake mix recipes I pulled together for the ultimate cake inspiration! There’s a cake for every person and a person for every cake.
Back to this amazing chocolate peppermint mini cake recipe. It’s ridiculously good. Just a little sour cream and some crushed peppermint really sets this cake apart from other cakes I’ve made.
And the kids really love it. I mean, I started with 24 little mini cakes, but in minutes there were about 18…I didn’t do the math, but I’m pretty sure that meant that everybody in the house got at least one. And I’m afraid to go back and look now. Ha!
How to Make Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes
I absolutely adore these mini chocolate peppermint bundt cakes. They’re just perfect for a holiday party or even just a snack for the kids during the holiday season. Or a snack for me.
I like to think that you could make this with flour and cocoa powder, maybe some melted chocolate chips and heavy cream instead of frosting. But, at the end of the day, I really like cooking with cake mixes because it’s so much easier and tastes just as good when you add a couple of special ingredients.
With this particular recipe, you just whip up your ingredients in a mixing bowl, put them in a mini bundt pan prepared with cooking spray, then pop them into the preheated oven.
No matter which cake mix you use, the baking time is consistent and you just pull them out when a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Let the little mini bundt cakes cool in the pan, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Then you just warm the frosting, pour it over the bundt cakes still on the cooling rack (put a baking sheet or a sheet of parchment paper under it to catch your mess), then sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermints.
The result is SO AMAZING.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Hawaiian Pork Tenderloin
Vegetable Side: Roasted Hawaiian Vegetable Medley
Starch Side: Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes
Refreshing Drink: Creme de Menthe Mocktail
Best Cake Recipes:
Once you make this Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes Recipe, you’ll remember just how fun it is to bake a cake–and how easy it is to make a cake taste amazing. So, for those of you that love a good cake, I’ve pulled together some of my favorite cake recipes, just for you.
More Peppermint Recipes:
If you’re just here for the mint, well, I don’t blame you one bit. It’s like tongue-glitter and I won’t turn down ANYTHING with mint in it. Mix in a little chocolate with that mint and I’m all for it. So, I pulled together some of the best minty recipes you’ll ever enjoy.
- 1 egg
- 1 16-ounce carton sour cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (15-16 ounce)
- 1 4-ounce package instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 container chocolate frosting for topping
- 10 peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a mini Bundt pan by spraying it with nonstick spray.
- Beat the egg, sour cream and peppermint extract together in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the cake mix and instant pudding mix. The batter will be thick, but that's what you want.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- To keep from making a mess, place the batter into a piping bag and pour it into the prepared mini bundt pan, filling each only halfway full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the mini cake to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make your glaze, place chocolate frosting in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the frosting to make sure it's consistently warm throughout, then spoon over the cakes.
- Garnish the cakes by sprinkling mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy over the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g