Apple Cinnamon Rolls are one of the best morning flavors. But let’s be honest- you can easily eat them for dessert as well. The fall flavor combined with the warm gooey texture makes for a bite that you just don’t want to stop.
If you love that apple flavor, I have some other great Savory Apple Recipes you’ll love!
Once you see those golden brown rolls that are ready to be eaten, you’ll love how easy the process was. My tip is to serve warm and savor every single bite. I just love that brown sugar and cinnamon combination hiding on the inside. It’s so good!
Make certain to check out my Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls for another easy morning recipe.
Apple Cinnamon Rolls
The biggest tip that I have when it comes to making the rolled dough is that you need to have the dough on a lightly floured surface so that it doesn’t stick. If you can do that, the entire process is a breeze to do!
To achieve that light and fluffy texture, you need to make certain to let them get doubled in size as well. This will make them big and yummy and your mouth will be watering and craving them even more!
Are there any tips to make cinnamon rolls quicker?
It’s really important to follow the recipe when making cinnamon rolls from scratch but there is a way that you can speed up the internal ingredients of these cinnamon rolls. Instead of making your own sweet apple mixture, you can use apple pie filling as a fast alternative.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Easy Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Apple Cinnamon Rolls at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’ve been on the fence about meal planning, now is the time to start! You’ll find that once you get going, you’re going to love how it helps you alleviate that stress. Plan out your meals quickly daily! Trust me – you’ll love it!
Main Dish: Easy Soup Recipes
Vegetable Side: Frozen Asparagus
Starch Side: Pan Fried Potatoes
Refreshing Drink: Homemade Ice Tea Recipes
Best Roll Recipes:
Once you make this Homemade Cinnamon Roll Recipe, everyone in the family is going to be craving more warm rolls! I totally get that – I’m addicted to them as well! Below you’ll find some of my other favorite roll recipes that are perfect for any time of the day.
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorite breakfast recipes!
These Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls are great for fall breakfasts.
Make this Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake for a wonderful flavored dessert!
Apple Butter Crescent Rolls are a truly delicious bread recipe that you’ll love!
Check out these Campfire Cinnamon Roll-Ups! So much fun to make!
I love the flavor of this Cinnamon Banana Bread Cake Mix recipe.
Add this Pumpkin Bread Recipe to your fall baking radar!
What are some other toppings that you can add to cinnamon rolls?
I’m all about the cream cheese frosting but feel free to branch out and try something different. I think that a nice glaze always is a good idea but you can also pair it with chopped nuts or even some mini chocolate chips as well.
More Apple Recipes:
- ⦁ 2 packages of active dry yeast
- ⦁ ½ cup of warm water
- ⦁ ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- ⦁ 1 tsp salt
- ⦁ ½ cup of warm buttermilk
- ⦁ ½ cup of soft butter
- ⦁ 2 eggs at room temp
- ⦁ 4½ cups of flour
- ⦁ 3 cups of peeled and cut up Granny Smith Apples
- ⦁ 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- ⦁ 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ⦁ 8 ounces of soft butter
- ⦁ 8 ounces of soft cream cheese
- ⦁ 8 ounces of soft butter
- ⦁ 1 tsp of vanilla
- ⦁ 2½ cups of powdered sugar
- Mix together the yeast, 1 tsp of sugar, and warm water in a bowl. Stir and let foam up.
- In a different bowl, mix the soft butter, buttermilk, eggs, salt, and the rest of the sugar. Add the yeast mixture and 1 cup of flour, stir. Add in the rest of the flour one cup at a time, stir after each time you add it.
- Pout the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. This should take about 4 minutes or so. Put the ball of dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat the top of the dough as well. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise.
- To make the apple filling, mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together.
- After the dough has risen to twice its size, punch it down and put it on a lightly floured surface. Create a rectangle with the dough and spread the soft butter over the surface. Leave about 1/2 inch of edge with no butter on it. Spread the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top and sprinkle the apple bits.
- Choose one of the long edges to start and roll up the dough. Roll it right and when you get it rolled, seal the edges by pinching them together.
- FLour a knife and cut it into 12 - 2 inch pieces.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray and put each roll into the pan. Lave about 1 inch in between. Cover and let the dough rise again to be doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Once preheated, add to your oven for about 18 minutes or until you notice the tops turning golden-brown. Remove and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Make the icing with a mixer and mix the butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Spread over the cooled cinnamon rolls.
Please make note of how many different times ingredients are listed - we do it this way so you can go right down the list using them in order. But, it means you have to add or you may not purchase the right amount of ingredients.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1070Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 776mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 2gSugar: 70gProtein: 9g
Are you going to add in other yummy toppings to this easy cinnamon roll recipe?