Let’s make this very clear: I love this Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe. It’s so simple to put together and SO. Very. GOOD. Not kidding.
So, break out your bread machine and dust off the top, because we’re about to get bakin’!
Oh, and if it’s genuinely been a while since you’ve used your bread machine, or you just want to brush up on your recipe options, check out these 60+ Bread Machine Recipes and Money-Saving Tips. You won’t be sorry.
Now, back to the homemade pumpkin bread, because those chocolate chips won’t wait forever. They’re calling your name.
Just kidding, they’re chocolate chips, they don’t talk. That would just get in the way of the enjoyment of their little chocolate bodies. Erhm…
So, if you’re new to your bread machine or you’ve made bread a million times, you can absolutely make this easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread. You can even turn it into simply pumpkin spice bread if you leave out the chocolate chips.
And if you leave out the chocolate chips but still want some little “surprises” you can add in some of these yummy bites:
- Chopped Pecans
- Dried Cranberries
- White Chocolate Chips
- Heath Bar Pieces
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Pumpkin Seeds (oh yum!)
- Sunflower Seeds
The possibilities are really endless. And if you decide to add any of these into your pumpkin bread, you’ll be so happy you did–that little bit of treat makes the bread that much more yummy.
Are you ready? Let’s jump into making this pumpkin flavor quick bread.
How to Make this Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe
I like to start this bread recipe by combining all my dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, etc.), except the brown sugar, into a large bowl, whisking them until they’re combined.
Then, I combine the wet ingredients like the eggs, oil and pumpkin into the mix. You can replace the oil with melted butter, if you like, but I didn’t have any butter, so oil it was.
I fold in about 1/3 (or one time I added 1/2 cup) of chocolate chips and call the dough done.
Once that’s ready, I get my bread machine pan oiled and put the dough in it–and punch the button for quick bread.
Seriously, that’s it.
Imagine a slice of this warm pumpkin chocolate chip bread with a bit of cream cheese spread over it…So good.
Pumpkin Bread without a Bread Machine
If you wanted, you can make this in the oven without a bread machine, either as pumpkin muffins or as bread–or even 2 loaves if you double the recipe.
To do this, I just preheat the oven to 350, put it in prepared pans and bake for 50 minutes.
Does this Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe Call for Yeast?
No. There’s no yeast in this recipe, which means no rise time is necessary.
This is more like a bread machine cake recipe rather than a bread, but because this is so similar to a bread, well, it’s like what else would I call it?!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Well, you need a Bread Machine. If you don’t have one, you’ll need some bread pans that you can trust will be non-stick. But, if you do decide that you’re going to use non-non-stick pans (is that how you say it?!) you can always line your pans with parchment paper.
- Large Mixing Bowls are absolutely necessary. No kidding, this dough needs a good bit of room to be worked.
- Give a girl a whisk and she can stir things that need stirring.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: I love having these Bacon Cheddar Meatballs as my meal. I know that might seem odd, but seriously, I’ve been on a meatball kick lately and these are brilliant!
Vegetable Side: Bacon Broccoli Salad makes an awesome veggie side dish–and it comes together quick.
Starch Side: If you’re being all healthy with your veggie side, well, having fun with some Loaded Baked Steak Fries is kind of perfect.
Refreshing Drink: Top off all that with some easy Pumpkin Pie Mocktail. I mean, really, more pumpkin never hurt anyone.
Best Bread Machine Recipes:
Once you make this Pumpkin Bread Machine Recipe, you’ll be reminded about how fabulous it is to make breads in your bread machine. I mean, I had almost forgotten how fast and painless it is! So, I have helpfully gathered some of my favorite recipes just for you:
- 20+ Bread Machine Pound Cake Recipes
- 40+ Bread Recipes for Your Bread Machine
- 30+ Desserts for Your Bread Machine
More Pumpkin Recipes:
If you’re just here for the pumpkin…oh, I’m so with you. So, I grabbed some of the best pumpkin recipes I have to share just with you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Grease the pan of the bread machine with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and set the bread machine to the quick bread setting.
- When the machine beeps, add the mini chocolate chips. Close the lid and continue cooking until the timer goes off.
- Remove pan from bread machine and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 281mg Carbohydrates: 54g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 31g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g