If this isn’t your first time here at 3 Boys and a Dog, you already know that I like to make things homemade, but have zero problems starting with a box! Yep, I am all about easy cake mix recipes at Miller Manor! I think people call that semi-homemade. LOL!
These Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls are everything you could possibly want for brunch or breakfast and they require very little measuring.
You and I both know that fluffy goodness looks delicious! Is there anything more decadent for breakfast than a soft and sweet cinnamon roll? Not to me! My family loved this brown sugar and cinnamon recipe.
For a little extra pizzazz, cover the tops with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
While this recipes calls for a simple sugar icing, it would also be delicious with cream cheese frosting.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Brown Sugar – I prefer light, but you can choose your preference.
Yellow Cake Mix – I have said it before, but let me reiterate. I am not a brand snob about boxed cake mix. I will use whatever is the cheapest. I have yet to notice a difference.
Quick Rise Yeast – Again, brand doesn’t matter. You need to just be sure that you get quick rise yeast. Otherwise when you mix yeast and warm water, nothing will happen!
All Purpose Flour – Although the recipe only calls for 5 cups, be sure you have enough for a lightly floured surface as well.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cinnamon Rolls Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making cinnamon rolls at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Sheet Pan – I like this one because it comes with a cooling rack.
Large Bowl – This set is my favorite set on Amazon, by far! I use at least one of my bowls every single day.
Kitchen Towel – In addition to cleaning up your messes and wiping hands between steps, you will need a good towel to cover the cinnamon rolls while they rise.
Whisk – I like this set of three because you never know what size you may need.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: The choice is totally your own, but you and I both know that you can never go wrong with fried ham or bacon.
Side: This would be perfect with some pan-fried potato cubes or hash browns.
Refreshing Drink: This would be perfect with a glass of milk or some yummy orange juice.
Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
Once you make this recipe, the kids are going to love it so much that they are going to start asking for even more cinnamon rolls. Don’t fret! I have picked out the best homemade ones. From single serve to keto friendly and even one that is more dessert than breakfast! You and your family are going to LOVE these picks.
One Minute Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
More Boxed Cake Mix Recipes:
It’s really the best of both worlds and one of five ways to make cake mix better.
While these Grinch Crinkle Cookies were made for the new movie coming out, they can be enjoyed at anytime of the year!
Or you can try out a recipe from this huge list of cake mix cookie recipes.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 packages quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk, more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13 x 9 jelly pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 4 cups flour, cake mix, yeast and salt. Whisk lightly to combine.
- Add the warm water and mix until well combined.
- Add 3/4 cup flour to the mixture and knead for one minute in the bowl. Sprinkle your workspace with an additional 1/4 cup flour and knead the dough until soft and elastic (about 5-6 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to the shape of a large 8 x 16 rectangle and spread 4 tablespoons of softened butter all over the dough.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk to combine. Generously sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the buttered dough.
- Starting with the long side of the dough, roll into a log and pinch the ends to seal tightly.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices and place on the greased pan. Cover loosely with a towel and place in a warm place for 15 minutes or until the rolls double in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the rolls are a light golden brown in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before drizzling the vanilla glaze on top.
- Add the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk. Mix well. If you prefer a thinner glaze, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Drizzle the vanilla glaze on top of the warm cake mix cinnamon rolls and ENJOY!!
3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
Stainless Steel Metric Measuring Cups and Spoons Set - 12 Piece Sturdy Stackable Metal.
Silicone Baking Utensils Set - Spatula, Pastry Brush, Whisk, Scraper, Slotted and Solid Spoon
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 509mg Carbohydrates: 120g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 48g Protein: 10g