Are you ready to elevate your morning? The flavor of this Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe screams comfort food!
Easy breakfast recipes make getting out of bed much easier – and this one will have you jumping out and rushing to the table. You’ll love the added pecans!
We’re big fans of cinnamon rolls, so when the opportunity presented itself to make cinnamon rolls that taste like pecan pie, it’s safe to say that we were on board!
Pecan Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These homemade rolls are light and fluffy, with the sweet topping spread on top. A batch of these is perfect for a lazy weekend morning or a fun holiday tradition to share.
My boys always ask for these sweet rolls no matter the time of year. I’ll happily spoil their tastebuds because I crave them all the time, too!
Gather the ingredients on the printable recipe card below and head to the store. This puts you closer to baking and having the scent wafting through the house.
Why are my cinnamon rolls dry?
If your cinnamon rolls are coming out dry and lackluster, there could be a few reasons behind this common baking mishap.
Firstly, it could be down to the liquid in the dough mixture. The rolls can become dry and almost crumbly without enough moisture.
Another culprit could be overbaking. You may leave the rolls in the oven for too long, which can dry them out.
Finally, it’s worth considering the ingredients you’re using. If you’re using low-quality flour or butter, this can affect the texture and moisture levels of the finished product.
By tweaking your recipe and method, you should be able to achieve the soft, gooey cinnamon rolls you’re after.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cinnamon Rolls with Pecans Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Pecan Cinnamon Rolls at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re feeling stressed about meals, it’s time to give meal planning a try. You’ll be amazed at how easy it can be to plan it all out!
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Homemade French Bread Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Carrot Milkshake
Don’t forget Dessert: Copycat Olive Garden’s Apple Carmelina Dessert Recipe
Best Breakfast Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe, you will realize that breakfast is so much fun! There are so many flavors and options – here are some of my top picks!
This Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe is hearty and deliciously addictive.
Find out the best way to make a batch of this Banana Protein Pancakes Recipe!
Blueberry Breakfast Cake is the perfect way to start the day.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Cups put a fun spin on the morning hours!
Making this easy Cheese Toast recipe proves that cooking doesn’t have to be complicated.
Everyone will agree that this Smores Waffles Recipe is a must-make!
This Hearty Sausage Casserole is a delicious addition to the table.
Can I prep cinnamon rolls the night before?
If you’re a fan of cinnamon rolls but don’t want to spend the morning fussing over dough, prepping the rolls the night before can be an excellent time-saving solution.
The good news is that you can prep cinnamon rolls the night before and still have them come out fluffy, gooey, and delicious the following day.
Follow your recipe to shape the rolls, cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and store them in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, remove the rolls from the fridge, let them come to room temperature, and then bake according to your recipe’s instructions.
With this simple prep-ahead tip, you can enjoy warm and fragrant cinnamon rolls with minimal effort in the morning.
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Sticky Buns with Pecans Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour (you may need about 1/2 cup extra)
Pecan Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup softened unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Pour the yeast on top of warm milk in a bowl. Mix. Let it set for 5 minutes to activate.
- Add the milk mixture, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, and maple extract to a stand mixer bowl. Whisk.
- Add the salt and 4 cups of flour and mix until just combined.
- Add the cubed cutter and mix with a hook attachment on the mixer for 5 minutes. Add the extra 1/2 cup of flour at this point, but only if the dough is sticky.
- Place the kneaded bread dough in a different bowl and cover it with a clean damp cloth. Let the dough rise for 1 hour at room temp.
- As the dough is rising, make the filling.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, maple extract, and cinnamon into a bowl. Whisk.
- Add the chopped pecans and fold them in.
- Once an hour has passed, remove the dough from the bowl and roll it out into a large rectangle on a floured surface. The roll should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread softened butter onto the dough, and then spread the pecan filling out on top of the butter.
- Create a long log by rolling the dough. It might get a bit messy, but that's normal.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 8-10 rolls.
- Put the rolls into a baking dish and cover with a damp towel. Let the rolls rise for 30 minutes to double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes until they are bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a bowl and blend to make the frosting.
- Pour in the powdered sugar and the maple extract and mix until smooth.
- Spread the frosting on top of the rolls while they are still warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1251Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 152gFiber: 6gSugar: 98gProtein: 16g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 8/31/2023
Are you going to add other toppings to these Easy Pecan Cinnamon Rolls?