I love planning party events and this easy baseball cupcakes recipe is PERFECT for adding to the dessert table at a shower or baseball themed party! This is one of my favorite cupcake recipes!
One of my favorite themes for baby showers for boys, I’ve never had a chance to do a baseball themed party until now – and this one is EPIC fun! Because it’s so much more than cupcakes.
Not to talk down about these cupcakes, though, let’s be clear. They’re SO easy, they’re definitely worth making, even if you don’t have a party lined-up!
How to make Baseball Cupcakes
Figuring out how to make baseball cupcakes is way easier than it seems. Just whip-up your cake mix or flour mixture, bake your cupcakes in bright cupcake liners and throw-out your red food coloring because we don’t need that! Whoo!
The trick to getting the cupcake to resemble a baseball is to frost the cupcakes with a flat layer of buttercream frosting, then draw stitching lines on top.
You can do this with icing (and risk messing it up). Or, you can go it the easy way and use pull-apart strawberry liquorish candies for the large lines. Then go with the easier and faster ones with writing icing!
Just make sure to let those cupcakes cool completely (preferably on wire racks so it will cool faster) before you put frosting on top of each cupcake or you’re going to end up with a warm, melting mess.
What’s the Best Frosting for Baseball Cupcakes?
Easy! There’s nothing like a simple buttercream frosting on top of a cupcake. But let’s be honest here, I don’t always have time for all that. So, I have a little trick for hacking canned white frosting to make it taste more like homemade: add a cup of powdered sugar and a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract.
There’s nothing like making canned frosting that tastes nothing like canned frosting!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- White Icing
- Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel
- Or, alternatively, if you’re concerned about making baseball cupcakes, you can always use these awesome baseball sprinkles for cupcakes!
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Easy Baseball Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making easy baseball cupcakes for baseball season at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Piping Bag fitted with a large round tip to make that flat frosting easy
- Cupcake Tin
Make it a Meal:
I know that pulling together a whole party plan is, let’s say, difficult at best. And if you’re in charge of the menu, there’s jut nothing you can do but hope for the best sometimes. To make it just a little bit easier, though, I’ve pulled together some of my favorite party-friendly recipes you’ll love!
- Rotel Dip With Ground Beef – Wind-up for a knock-out pitch with some appetizers at your baseball baby shower! This is the delicious, reliable cheese dip on the table that everyone will love.
- Hawaiian Blue Mocktail – Who needs adult-only drinks where the main guest can’t even enjoy them?! That’s simply not fun. Instead, make this fun, blue mocktail that all the guests will cheer for!
- Meat and Cheese Plate Ideas – Charcuterie is the most fantastic way to make a whole spread for a party or even a small group. Perfect for a baby shower or a few friends gathering around!
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this easy baseball cupcake recipe, for whatever celebration you’re planning, you’ll see that it’s going to take more than just a cupcake to calm your crowd! So, check out these awesome cupcake recipes that have great step-by-step instructions to make your treats the best ever!
- Grasshopper cookie cupcakes make the world go ’round – ask anyone and they’ll be ready to agree!
- I can’t believe how perfect these peppermint bark cupcakes can be when eaten slow and easy!
- Adorable and easy, these fun grilling cupcakes are just too cute not to make for a tailgating party!
- This simple s’mores cupcake recipe is perfect for a bit of a twist on the typical cupcake OR s’more!
- Crowd-pleasing popcorn cupcakes are the way to any party’s hearts with a pop and a boom!
- Rocky road cupcakes are the perfect blend of wow! and yum!
- These amazingly decadent brownie cupcakes are a fantastic way to make chocolate supreme!
More Baseball Themed Party Friendly Recipes:
- I love making roasted pecans and enjoying them is almost as fun – your guests certainly will!
- There’s just something about loading up a big platter of macho nachos that screams “it’s party time!”
- A classic, but made creamy and delicious, these creamy buffalo wings are surprisingly easy and so good, you’ll want more.
Fun & Easy Baseball Cupcakes Recipe
Ridiculously easy to make, these simple baseball cupcakes are literally a one-and-done kind of cupcake decorating idea!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Butter Softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- 1 can White Icing
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel Candies
- Red Gel Writing Icing
- Start by mixing your cake mix, butter, eggs, and water with a hand mixer on high until well blended.
- Pour mixture into cupcake tins, and bake according to box instructions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Combine frosting, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Using a decorating bag and round piping tip, frost each cupcake with a thin layer of frosting. Using a knife, smooth the frosting over to make a flat surface.
- Disassemble the Twizzlers candies and cut one in half. Lay each half in a half-moon shape on top of a cupcake, each moon facing outward. This will form the larger line for the stitches.
- Using the red writing gel icing, draw the small, short stitches onto top of each of the Twizzlers pieces, then it's time to enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
If you’re loving this recipe, but you’re not quite ready to break it out for a baby shower or birthday party, take a second and pin it to your favorite party recipes board on Pinterest so you can find it again quick when you’re ready!
Baby Shower Food Ideas:
- Unicorn Baby Shower Food Ideas – If you are having a unicorn baby shower, you need all of these fun themed foods.
- Pink non-alcoholic drink recipes – Over 20 recipes for pink colored, non-alcoholic drinks for your party.
- Pink Desserts – these 22+ pink colored desserts are sure to help you in your baby shower food planning!
Other Baseball Baby Shower Ideas:
- Check out these easy baseball baby shower invitations! They’re simple and fast – the best Cricut print and cut project for a baby shower!
- Baseball baby shower decorations are made SO EASY by just grabbing this quick download then printing and cutting on your Cricut!
- For a fantastic baseball centerpiece idea, I tell you NOTHING is more fun than a home plate.