With holiday parties right around the corner, listing a bunch of meat and cheese plate ideas seemed like a great tip for you guys.
A meat and cheese platter is a great addition to any party and surprisingly easy to prepare.
You can use a wide variety of meats and cheese or keep it simple with a smaller crowd. You can provide crackers or bread, so people can assemble their own sandwiches too.
Creating your own meat and cheese platter is all a matter of personal taste, availability and budget. So go ahead and make it how you like it and enjoy.
Tips To Turn a Plain Cheese Tray Idea into a Gourmet Cheese Platter Idea
- Plan to serve everything room temperature, so give yourself some time to get the meats thinly sliced and your meat and cheese tray resting for a bit before you put it out.
- Choose cured meats that go well with each other. It’s fine to serve plain turkey meat, but don’t let that be the only meat on your platter, that’s just boring. Find meats that compliment each other like salami and summer sausage.
- When choosing cheeses, look for a variety of flavors to tickle the senses. Fun smells like aged cheeses and unusual goat cheeses will be more interesting than a smattering of sharp cheddar cheeses.
- So, the moral: variety, variety, variety.
Meat and Cheese Board Garnishes
I also like to throw in some edible garnishes and little fillers just to make the meet and cheese tray seem a little more full and have a little bit more variety than just plain-ole meat and cheese.
Some of my favorite garnishes for meat and cheese board ideas are:
- Dried Fruit
- Crumbled Blue Cheeses
- Sea Salt
- Roasted Pecans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans (I know, but they’re so good)
What Do You Put Your Cheese Tray On?
Use these gorgeous serving platters to put together your own charcuterie board! Some of these are Amazon affiliates so you can have them delivered before the party.
- Plain Cutting Board (trust me, it’ll look fine)
- 3 Tier Rectangular Serving Platter, White
- Tiered Tray
- Metal Sheet (just make sure it’s super clean and toss some parchment paper over it)
- Sur La Table Italian Olivewood Slice Serving Board
- Kraft Paper
- Rachel Ray Dinnerware Cucina Stoneware Serving Platter, Agave Blue
More Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re making a meat and cheese charcuterie board for a crowd, you’re probably going to want some other appetizer recipes. So, I’ve pulled together some of my favorites that are definitely going to please a crowd.
More Cheese Appetizers You’ll Love
If you’re just here for the cheese, I don’t blame you. It’s just about the best thing on the planet. So versatile and so very tasty. You have to have more of it. All. The. Time. You’re going to need these recipes:
- • Turkey
- • Chicken
- • Ham
- • Salami
- • Pepperoni
- • Roast beef
- • Pastrami
- • Prosciutto
- • Cheddar
- • Havarti
- • Swiss
- • Gouda
- • Blue cheese
- • Brie
- • Cream cheese
- • Other gourmet cheeses
- • Sliced veggies
- • Slice fruits
- • Bread
- • Crackers
- Assembling Your Platter
- How you assemble your platter will depend on the meat and cheese you choose and how they’re cut. Thinly sliced meats can be rolled up and arranged on the platter. Sliced cheese can be layers from the outside of the platter to the inside. Cubed cheeses can be arranged together.
- Garnish with kale or parsley. Throw on some grapes for more visual appeal and color.