There’s just something addictive and amazing about these Grasshopper Cookie Cupcakes. They’re easy to make are loaded down with that Andes mint flavor that we’ve all come to love. I’m a huge fan of the mint frosting flavor as well and I might add on a few more chocolate chips here and there, too. Because let’s be honest…can you ever really have too much chocolate and mint? One of the best cupcake recipes.
If you’re ready for a delicious mint flavor that offers a sweet chocolate ganache, you’re going to love these Grasshopper Cookie Cupcakes.
What I love about this simple flour mixture is that it’s easy to mix together on medium speed the brown sugar, cocoa powder, oil, and vanilla and put the mixture into cupcake liners for baking. The directions to this recipe are really simple and easy to follow!
Grasshopper Cookie Cupcakes
While you’re going to be making the cupcakes homemade, don’t forget that you’re going to be making the mint frosting as well. One of the main ingredients for frosting in powdered sugar so you’re going to want to be certain you have plenty on hand before starting.
My boys have a sweet tooth for all things cupcakes and ice cream, so when they find out that this cupcake recipe is on my baking radar, you can bet that they’re hanging around the house a bit more than normal hoping to catch these cupcakes just right as they come out of the oven.
Can you mix this by hand or do you need an electric mixer?
Technically, you can do both but anytime you want to have a smooth batter without lumps, the electric mixer is always going to be the best bet.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Mint and Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Grasshopper Cookie Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
There’s nothing hard about meal planning. In fact, it’s just one of the ways that I keep my sanity and have the week organized out for the family. As you can see from the meal planning example below, you really don’t have to do a ton of work or put in a ton of effort to meal plan successfully.
Main Dish: Pork Chop and Rice
Vegetable Side: Veggie Stir Fry
Starch Side: Southern Potato Soup
Refreshing Drink: Homemade Iced Tea
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Mint Cupcakes with Ganache Recipe, you’re going to be wanting even more delicious cupcake recipe ideas. Don’t worry – I’ve got you covered! I’ve gathered up some of my best cupcake recipes that I really think you’re going to love.
Unicorn Cupcakes are always a good idea. They’ll put a smile on your face!
Green Velvet Cupcakes are a fun spin on cupcakes and one that you’re certain to love.
If you love that pumpkin flavor, you’re not going to want to miss these Pumpkin Cupcakes.
Check out these super fun Lucky Charm Cupcakes!
These Teddy Bear Cupcakes are just too cute to pass up!
Bubblegum Cupcakes taste great and are so much fun to make.
Sparkle Cupcakes are perfect for fun additions to any birthday party or celebration.
How do you know when cupcakes are done baking?
Use the toothpick test! Just take a clean toothpick and insert it into the middle of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done baking!
More Mint Recipes:
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of Canola oil
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 drops of mint green food coloring
- 2 teaspoon of mint extract
- 5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag fitted with large star tip
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 squeeze bottle
- 2 cups of Andes baking chips
- 22 grasshopper cookies, cut in half
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with your cupcake liners.
- Grab a bowl and mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Once done, add in the brown sugar and the sugar and stir.
- Next, pour in the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Fill the cupcake liner about 3/4 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 21 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and put on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, grab your mixer and beat the butter, powdered sugar, crushed oreo cookies, mint extract, and heavy whipping cream.
- Once done, add in the mint food coloring.
- Put the frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Grab a small pan and heat up the whipping cream until it is steaming.
- During this time, put the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and wait until the whipping cream is hot.
- Once it's hot, pour it over the chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 1 minute before whisking until it is smooth.
- Once smooth, put about 1/2 cup into a squeeze bottle.
- Take the cupcakes and dip them into the chocolate.
- Put some of the Andes mint chips onto the cupcakes and let them set and harden for 10 minutes.
- Use your piping bag and put the frosting into the middle of the cupcake.
Sprinkle on some more mint chips.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the frosting.
- Put a halved cookie on the top in the middle of the cupcake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1028Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 123gFiber: 4gSugar: 90gProtein: 9g
Who are you going to share these Grasshopper Cookie Cupcakes with?