These Andes Mint Brownies are ridiculously good! I served them after dinner and there were none left. I had a mix of guests, older adults, teenagers, and little ones, and they all agreed these were outrageously delicious!
The bright green frosting against the dark brown chocolate makes dramatic chocolate mint brownies dessert to serve your guests. You’ll love this easy and really wonderful recipe.
With a mint frosting layer, Andes mint layer, and chocolate layer, this hacked brownie box mix will certainly fool your guests into thinking you made the brownies from scratch!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Mint Brownies Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making Andes Mint Brownies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Grilled Chicken Wings
Vegetable Side: Healthy Salad Ideas
Starch Side: Onion Mashed Potato Casserole
Refreshing Drink: Hawaiian Blue Mocktail
Best Brownie Recipes:
Once you make this homemade brownie recipe, it’s all your tastebuds are going to want. Don’t fret, there are plenty more brownie recipes to choose from!
More Mint Flavored Recipes:
Once you have cooled brownies, then you can add the mint buttercream frosting. Don’t do it too early or you will have a melted mess! The brownies must cool completely. Trust the voice of experience here. LOL!
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 15 Tablespoons of heavy cream
- Approximately 8 drops of green food coloring
- 4 packages of Andes chocolate mints
- Melting Chocolate - Chocolate bark or Bakers Chocolate
- Mix the brownies according to box instructions.
- Butter the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish, and pour brownie batter into the dish, and bake using the instructions on the box.
- When Brownies are finished baking, remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- When brownies are cool, place Andes mints in rows across the top of the entire 9 X 13 dish, covering the top of the Brownies in mints.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, and add a Tablespoon of cream, and mix well.
- Add about 1/2 a cup of powdered sugar, and mix on low.
- Continue adding cream a Tablespoon at a time, alternating with the powdered sugar, until all cream and powdered sugar have been added.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix again until smooth and creamy.
- Add the green food coloring, a couple drops at a time and then mix between additions. You may only want to use 5 or 6 drops, or you may want to use 9 or 10 drops to achieve the color desired for your dessert.
- When frosting is mixed, ice the brownies with frosting, using all the frosting, creating a thick layer of green frosting on the brownie.
- In the microwave, melt the melting chocolate, and drizzle on top of the brownies. Crumble Andes mints and sprinkle on top of the frosting.
- Refrigerate immediately, until time to serve. Enjoy!
Brownies should be kept in the refrigerator for best results.
Cover and refrigerate any left over brownies for up to 6 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 90mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 23g Protein: 1g