This Easter Bunny Cupcake Cake Recipe is almost too cute to eat. Almost. Plus, you can make it using a cake mix! Easy Easter recipes always turn out the best!
If you can’t decide between a cake and a cupcake for dessert, why not combine the two and mix this Easter treat? It’s fun to try something new that everyone can grab and enjoy.
When you can grab your dessert with your hands and not have to mess up anything to clean later, you know it will be a great dessert!
Easter Bunny Cupcake Cake Recipe
The fun part about making this cake is that you make cupcakes simultaneously. Sharing this with family and friends will show your baking creative side!
My boys have always loved cakes they can pull apart and eat, and I’d say I have to agree! There’s just something so fun about it!
If you want help in the kitchen, this is a fun recipe to have people jump in on. While you are baking, someone else can prep the frosting. And then you can all come together to decorate!
How do I check that the cupcakes are done baking?
Checking cupcakes for doneness is a reliable yet simple process. Begin by looking at the edges of each cupcake; they should be lightly browned, and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
Then, press the top in the center to check if it springs back; if not, continue baking them for a few more minutes.
If you find that some are done while others are not, take them all off the heat while still leaving them in the pan to retain their moisture.
With a little trial and error, you can ensure that your cupcakes will be perfectly cooked every time!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Bunny Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Easter Bunny Cake at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is a simple way to make desserts and meals. As long as you can gather the ingredients, you can meal plan quickly and quickly!
Here is how easy it can be!
Main Dish: Foil-Pack Taco Chicken Recipe
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Linguine Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pineapple Mocktail – Perfect for Easter!
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Pull-Apart Cake Recipe, you must keep making more cupcakes! Cupcakes are the best dessert because you don’t have to dirty a plate to eat them.
Here are some of my top cupcake recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
This Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe would be a great addition to the Easter dessert table.
Check out how simple it is to make this Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe for the holidays.
These Polar Bear Paws Cupcakes are great for a fast dessert!
Oreo fans will love these Oreo Cookie Cupcakes!
Lucky Charms Cupcakes are a must during March!
Gather all the ingredients needed to make this Addictive Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes Recipe!
If you want to treat your sweet tooth, make this Fun & Delicious Egg Hunt Cupcake Recipe!
How do I prevent cupcakes from sticking to the pan?
To prevent cupcakes from sticking to the pan, it is a good idea to grease the pan using either butter or oil lightly.
For additional protection, you can also line the pan with parchment paper. This will allow for easy removal of the cupcakes and clean-up afterward.
Alternatively, you can use cupcake liners – place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
When baking, keep a close eye on your cupcakes, which tend to brown quite quickly. Following these steps should help ensure no cupcakes are stuck in the pan when it’s time to eat them!
More Cake Mix Recipes:
- Cake Mix Brownies Recipe
- Blueberry Cobbler made with Cake Mix
- Cake Mix Christmas Monster Cookies Recipe
- 1 15.25-ounce white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 sticks of softened butter, divided
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- ¼ cup milk or half and half, divided
- pink and black decorating gel
- Pink gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cupcake tin or line it with cupcake liners.
- Add the cake mix to a bowl and mix in the water, oil, and eggs. Use a mixer at medium speed.
- Add the cupcake butter into the liners until 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Add 1 1/2 sticks of butter to a bowl to make the frosting. Use a mixer and mix until fluffy.
- Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar and 3 tbsp of milk. Alternate adding them until stiff peaks form.
- Add the frosting to piping bags.
- Repeat the steps to make the frosting in different colors, and add the food coloring to each bowl.
- Arrange the cupcakes in the shape of a bunny head.
- Frost the cupcakes with the white frosting in a single layer. Making a crumb coat. Use a frosting knife to smooth and close the gaps between the cupcakes.
- Use the pink frosting and make star shapes for the ears.
- Use the white frosting and make star shapes around the ears and on the rest of the cupcakes, closing any gaps.
- Use pink frosting or pink gel to make the nose. Use the black gel to make the whiskers, eyes, and mouth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 0gSugar: 50gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 3/2/2023
Will you make this Easter Bunny Cupcake Cake for your Easter celebration?