This Smores Donuts Recipe has me drooling, ready to make another batch again–and it’s been less than a day since I made the first. I have to do it again, I have to make smores doughnuts. It’s official.
If you’re just jonesing for more s’mores, you have to check out my 30+ S’mores Recipes that are so crowd-pleasing, they’ll be asking you for more.
Back to these smores doughnuts, though–they’re freaking amazing. Just look at all that fluffy donut, graham cracker and marshmallow glaze. That right there is perfection.
I for real can’t wait to make another batch. Let’s get you baking.
How to Make S’mores Donuts
I like to start making donuts by preheating my oven to 350 degrees, spraying the donut pan with cooking spray. If all you have is a baking sheet, forget about making donuts. Plan on making something else. Because you really have to have a donut pan to do this. Or a mini-donut maker, that would work, too.
Once that’s done, I go ahead and whisk together my sugar, baking soda, flour and salt in a small bowl; and I put the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
I combine the dry with the wet ingredients then put it in the pan. Now, I can manage this pretty well with a small spatula, but if you don’t have a small spatula, you can use a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off. That way you don’t make a massive mess on the top of your donut pan.
Then it’s time to bake. I always do 8 minutes, then check every minute thereafter. Once a toothpick inserted in the center of the centermost donut comes out clean, you can pull the donuts out of the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack.
While they’re cooling, I make the glaze by combining the marshmallow creme, salt, milk, powdered sugar and butter (not melted butter, just room temperature). Then I dip the tops of the cooled donuts in the glaze, immediately followed by doing a sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
Repeat with remaining donuts and you’re all set for breakfast!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Smores Donuts Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making Smores Doughnuts Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- I like to use Graduated Mixing Bowls so that I have several in different sizes to choose from.
- You seriously can’t make donuts without a Donut Pan or a mini-donut maker. I just can’t imagine how it would happen without being a huge disaster. LOL!
- A small, Good Spatula is really necessary if you want to spoon your batter into the pan instead of using a piping bag.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Fiesta Burger
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Starch Side: Parmesan Ranch Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Cucumber Basil Limeade
Best S’mores Recipes:
Once you make this S’mores Donuts Recipe, you’ll see just how fabulous it is to have a s’more that’s totally non-traditional. You get the chocolate and graham cracker goodness with all the toasted marshmallow you can stand–perfection. So, if you’re craving it, here’s the best s’mores recipes around:
- Smores Mocktail
- 30+ Sweet Smores Recipes
- Loaded SMORES Skillet Cookie
- Indoor Smores on a Stick
- S’MORES Parfait
More Donut Recipes:
If you’re just here for the donut, I do not blame you. Donut’s are pretty much the only breakfast for me that trumps the awesomeness of coffee cake. So I get it. Here are the best donut recipes EVER:
Ingredients for the Donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Toppings:
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (two graham crackers, crushed)
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
!Instructions for the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare donut pans by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, milk, sugar, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the donut pans until each donut cup is 2/3 of the way full of batter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
!Instructions for the Glaze:
- Combine butter, marshmallow crème, powdered sugar, milk, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until a glaze forms.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and top with graham cracker crumbs and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g