By now you know that I am all about making something delicious very easily! I love to make recipes from boxed cake mixes because all of the dry ingredients are pre-measured, pre-sifted, and pre-mixed!
This Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe is a favorite eaten almost right out of the oven AND it makes the entire house smell so delicious!
With less than 10 minutes of prep-work and less than 30 minutes of baking time, you can be eating this blueberry cobbler within an hour of starting to make it. How’s that for a quick snack when company calls and says they will be at your house in an hour?
I have said it before and I will say it again….
I have three boys. These boys have friends. My house is almost always filled to bursting with testosterone driven human garbage disposals. That is just my life.
That means, I have to always have food on hand. While frozen anything is easy, it is never cheap. So, I like to keep ingredients on hand that I can quickly whip up when they all pile in the door.
My favorite supplies for this blueberry cobbler are listed below. The following items can be found on amazon (affiliate):
- Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, Clear 9 x 13 inch – 3 Qt
- Betty Crocker Supermoist Cake Mix, Yellow, 15.25-Ounce
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Specialty Ingredients for the Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe:
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Yellow Cake Mix (I included this because it is my preferred Cake Mix that I try to always have on hand)
- Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
- One box of yellow cake mix
- 4-cups of blueberries - you can do fresh or frozen depending on your choice and the time of year 🙂
- One stick of unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the berries in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish
- Soften butter in large mixing bowl in the microwave for a few seconds. You don't want to completely melt it.
- Using your clean hands, pour the cake mix on top of the butter and mix thoroughly. You may find that you have to press the mix onto the sides of the bowl to get all the butter worked in. The mixture will be crumbly and not totally moist.
- Scrape the cake mixture (or use your fingers to sprinkle it) on top of the berries in the pan.
- Place the dish in the oven (middle rack) and bake 28-minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let your blueberry cobbler cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. (Tastes amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top)
Wanting something a bit different than this Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe?
If blueberries aren’t in season, aren’t your favorite, or are hard to find where you live you can always get a can of them. Or, even better, make one of these cobbler recipes!
Or maybe you have a boxed cake mix and just want to do something a bit different with it. No worries, I have you covered! Here are over 5 ways to make boxed cake mix better!
If you are anything like me, reading through this Blueberry Cake Mix Cobbler Recipe just really made you crave some blueberries, but you aren’t feeling the whole “bake it” thing. LOL!
I go through domestic goddess periods, trust me! The following goodies from Etsy will help solve your “need blueberries, too lazy to cook” issues. 😉
Blueberries on the Brain:
The following items (aff links) are found on Etsy.
Yes, I LOVE the smell of blueberries… how did you know? 😀 Be warned, though.
If you have boys and they come into your house with it smelling like blueberries, you better be able to produce some snacks!