This Blueberry Banana Bread is the perfect way to start the day! It’s packed full of ripe bananas and is so light and fluffy, you’re going to enjoy eating every single bite.
We love this recipe so much, we make it all the time. We also eat it any time of the day as well which means that it’s not just for breakfast! Be certain to check out our easy blueberry recipes as well.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this banana bread with blueberries!
Who says that banana bread should only be limited to the morning hours?
The bright blue “dots” in this banana bread recipe add so much flavor and taste. And if you can pick your own blueberries to add into this recipe, they add so much flavor as well.
Fresh blueberries and ripened bananas are the key for adding in a ton of natural sweetness to this bread.
Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread recipe is so simple. Let the kids join in and take over the job of the mashed bananas and make it a family affair. After you combine all the ingredients, it’s really quite the quick bread to have ready in no time at all.
And if you want to vary it up a little bit, throw in a handful of chocolate chips as well. My boys love anything chocolate so I’ll make a loaf or two a different way so it keeps things interesting.
Can you use frozen blueberries for this recipe?
I don’t recommend it. The frozen blueberries are going to release a ton of liquid as they start to thaw and this will just make your bread soggy and not set up quite right when it’s baking in the oven.
Fresh blueberries are going to be your best best as long as you make certain you’re not smashing them when you’re adding them into the mixture.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Don’t let the fear of meal planning stop you in your tracks. All you need is to have a daily and weekly plan and you’ll see that you can easily stop stressing about what to make for dinners and meals.
Main Dish: Taco Bake Casserole
Vegetable Side: Veggie Stir Fry
Starch Side: Sweet Potato Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Hawaiian Blue Mocktail
Best Bread Recipes:
Once you make this banana bread with blueberries recipe, you’re going to love these simple bread recipes as well. It’s always a good idea to try out all the new flavors and ideas!
Cake Mix Bread Recipes are a sweet surprise that everyone will love.
Pumpkin Bread doesn’t have to be just for the fall months!
These Stuffed Bread Bites will have you grabbing more and more!
The taste of this Lemon Blueberry Bread is full of flavor!
We love this Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread recipe any time of the year!
Breadmachine Sandwich Bread is a simple and quick recipe that feeds a crowd.
These Easter Bread recipes are perfect for the holiday time.
Why do some people add in sour cream or greek yogurt to their bread recipes?
This is done by many people because it can give some added moistness to the recipe. Although, if you decide to do so, have it be a very small amount because too much will cause your bread to not set up and cook properly all the way through.
More Blueberry Recipes:
- • 2 c granulated sugar
- • 16 tbsp butter melted
- • 4 large very ripe bananas
- • 4 tsp banana extract may use vanilla extract
- • 8 oz sour cream
- • 2 tsp baking soda
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 3 c all-purpose flour
- • 4 tbsp all-purpose flour for coating blueberries
- • 2 c fresh blueberries
- Icing Drizzle
- • 4 oz cream cheese softened
- • 4 tbsp butter softened
- • 2 tsp vanilla extract
- • ¾ c powdered sugar
- • ½ c milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
- Next, take and spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Once that is done, take and cut the pieces of parchment paper to fit the bottoms. If you have some paper hanging over the sides, it makes removing the banana bread very simple.
- Next, go ahead and mash in the bananas in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Grab a large bowl, and mix together the sugar and butter together until mixed well.
- Next, turn your mixer to low speed, and mix in mashed bananas, vanilla extract, sour cream, baking soda, and salt until very well-combined.
- Go ahead and add in the flour a little at a time and continue to mix until it's all blended really well.
- Keep back a small handful of blueberries for the top of bread later.
- Grab a separate bowl and place the remaining blueberries in it and sprinkle with 4 tbsp. flour. Toss gently to coat and cover.
- Next, you're going to want to fold the floured blueberries into the bread batter carefully and pour into prepared pans.
- This is when you'd sprinkle the reserved blueberries across tops of loaves evenly.
- Put in the oven to bake on the center rack for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Leave in the pans to cool for 15 minutes. Once done, move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Start by mixing the cream cheese and butter on a medium speed until mixed well and creamy.
- Once that is done, add the vanilla and combine well.
- Then, take and pour in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Use your milk to thin until you get it how you want it.
- Drizzle the homemade icing over the tops of cooled loaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 3gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/13/2020
How are you going to enjoy eating this simple Blueberry Banana Bread recipe?