I adore making puppy chow and this Valentine Chex Mix recipe is so easy and fun, it’s seriously one of my favorite muddy buddy recipes on the planet.
A fun twist on the typical, this Valentine puppy chow Chex mix recipe with pretzels has a little salty-peanut buttery surprise. You weren’t expecting that in a Valentine snack mix, were you?!
Want more surprisingly awesome snack mix ideas for parties? Check out these 12 easy Puppy Chow Chex Mix Recipes you’re just going to love.
But back to this fun Valentine’s Day snack mix. Similar to what you’d call reindeer chow, this is a Chex cereal-inspired sweet treat you can make in 20 minutes or less.
So, if you need a quick party treat, grab a large bowl and let’s do this!
How to Make Valentines Chex Mix:
This is so easy, you’re going to love it.
Just drop your melting chocolate into a bowl, with all your other wet ingredients, then warm them up, stirring until it’s all melted and smooth.
Add the chocolate mixture to 1/2 of the cereal and stir until you’ve coated the cereal completely.
Mix that up with your 1/3 cup powdered sugar in a baggie to make sure it’s all coated, then spread that out to cool.
When it’s cool, mix with your other cereal portion and yummy bits and it’s done!
You can then pop a handful into individual snack baggies and attach a cute free printable cactus Valentine card, then let your kiddo pass those out at school during their Valentines party!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Valentine Chex Mix Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Valentine Chex Mix at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Parchment Paper total life-saver in so many situations. In this particular situation, you just need it to keep the counter clean.
- Medium Microwave Safe Bowl a true staple.
- Gallon-Sized Zipper Baggy because sometimes you need the best.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: BBQ Meatballs
Party Tray: Meat and Cheese Plate Ideas
Veggie: Asparagus Spirals
Refreshing Drink: S’mores Mocktail
Best Chex Mix Recipes:
Once you make this Valentines Chex Mix Recipe, you’re going to realize just how perfect for a party this little snack can be. It’s seriously the perfect party food. Buuuut…maybe you’re kind of reading this in June. Well, I’ve got that covered with some ideas for muddy buddies so good you won’t want to share!
More Valentines Recipes:
Oh, you were just here for the whole Valentines “thing”. Well, I’m kind of there with you. We’re running pretty hard toward the big V-day, aren’t we?
So, I decided I’d help you out! Check out these awesome Valentines recipes:
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup powdered, confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup Valentine colored milk chocolate M & M s
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
- 4.5 oz salted party peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon silver jimmies sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon red & white heart sprinkles
- Place cereal, pretzels, and 1/2 the peanuts into a large bowl.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, heat vanilla chips, peanut butter, and margarine uncovered on high for about 45 seconds. Stir well to remove all lumps. Pour mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 the cereal mixture in a 1-gallon Ziploc. Add powdered sugar, seal, and shake until the mixture is well coated. Spread on waxed paper and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Stir M&Ms and remaining peanuts into remaining cereal mixture. Spread onto waxed paper and allow to cool about 20 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures and store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 250mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g