There’s nothing more patriotic than eating a red white and blue 4th of July treat. These firecracker pretzel rods will bring a whole new level and feeling of excitement to your festivities during the summer months.
When you’re looking for something simple and easy to be able to grab, snack and go, you’re going to love these chocolate covered pretzels. Can you ever go wrong with excess chocolate? And when that combination is melted white chocolate and pretzel sticks, you’ll see just how delicious and simple this recipe is.
Don’t forget to check out these other 10 Chocolate Dessert Recipes as well!
These firecracker candy coated pretzels are awesome. Made with simple candy melts and chocolate coating, this is one holiday treat that everyone can help with.
And isn’t that such a great idea? Letting everyone make their own chocolate coated pretzels? They’ll love being able to dip the pretzels so that they are coated in “just” the right amount of chocolate.
The hardest part will probably be watching them dry on the parchment paper!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Firecracker Pretzel Rods are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
When making these Firecracker Candy Coated Pretzels at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Asparagus and Potato Egg Bake Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Delicious Pink Mocktails
Don’t forget Dessert: Buckeye Fudge Candy Recipe
Best Ice Cream Recipes:
Once you make this Firecracker Pretzel Rods, you’re going to have a major sweet tooth for more! With the summer months here, it’s time to start thinking about homemade ice cream as well!
More Red, White and Blue Recipes:
- ● 12 pretzel rods
- ● 6 ounces (half bag) of White Candy Melts
- ● Red, white and blue sprinkles
- ● Wax paper
- ● spoon
- Line a large tray or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt the candy according to package directions.
- Dip pretzels into melted candy, and using a spoon, cover pretzel about halfway with melted candy.
- Hold pretzel longways over the cup or bowl, allowing excess candy to drip off.
- Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and top with sprinkles right away so that they can stick well.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes to harden.