This Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Popcorn recipe is the perfect sweet and salty snack for you and your sweetheart this sweethearts day.
You can make large quantities pretty easily if you need to for a Valentine’s Day class party, too! And if you love sweets, check out our list of gourmet popcorn recipes as well!
One of my favorite colors is pink. I am not sure if it is because I am surrounded by boys, but I just love the sweetness of pink. So, this Valentine snack is right up my alley. From delicious white chocolate to the sugar cookie flavor. This is my kind of popcorn mixture for sure.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
White Chocolate Chips – You can use any brand you prefer. I am a Nestle Toll-house lover myself. You could also use bark if you prefer.
Large Marshmallows – The marshmallows make this recipe, I think. Such a yummy, creamy, flavor.
Pink Sugar Crystals – I especially love these bright pink sugar crystals from Wilton.
Valentine Sprinkles – Choose the ones you like.
Optional – to really up the Valentine’s Day factor of this white chocolate popcorn mix, you could add in some fun conversation hearts.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Valentine Sugar Cookie Popcorn Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making this popped popcorn sweet treat at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Cookie Sheet – Any cookie sheet will do. I just like these. 🙂
Parchment Paper – Before you spread the popcorn on your large baking sheet, be sure to cover it with parchment paper or waxed paper. Either will make clean up a breeze, but will also allow the valentine’s day snack to release easily without you having to spread melted butter anywhere!
Cookie Cutters – I love this Valentine’s Day set. But, if you are just going to break the cookies into pieces, I guess you don’t need to make fun shapes…
Medium Microwaveable Bowl – Whether using chocolate chips, bark, or candy melts, you will have to melt it. I like my set of glass bowls for microwaving. So much easier than a double boiler.
Large Mixing Bowl – You will need to mix the popcorn in a large bowl once you pour the melted chocolate on it. I especially love my set like this. The rubber bottom keeps the bowls from sliding around when you are trying to mix stuff.
Best Popcorn Recipes:
Once you make this Valentine’s Day Popcorn Recipe, everyone is going to start asking for more gourmet popcorn in your house. Betcha! That is why I have rounded up a few of my favorites for you and your family to try.
This Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe is by far my favorite.
My husband’s sweet tooth isn’t as big as mine. He prefers hot and spicy like this Buffalo Popcorn Recipe.
Then, here are 45 popcorn recipes for you to try!
More Sugar Cookie Recipes:
Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
More Valentine’s Day Recipes:
You are going to love this list of over 17 Valentine’s Day Cookies.
Would you like some delicious Valentine’s Day Fudge?
What about a fun Strawberry Candy Corn Mocktail recipe for you and the kids?
Valentine Sugar Cookie Popcorn Recipe
This is the perfect sweet and salty snack for Valentine’s Day!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 12-14 large marshmallows
- Pillsbury ready to bake sugar cookie dough OR 5-6 large sugar cookies, crushed
- Pink sugar crystals
- Valentine sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut 5-6 (1 inch) slices out of the cookie dough roll and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough with the bottom of a glass to help the dough spread out. (I used a heart cookie cutter to make heart shapes but you can also just leave them as is).
- Sprinkle with pink sugar crystals and bake according to package directions. Once cooled, crush the sugar cookies into crumbs and set aside.
- Add the white chocolate chips and marshmallows to a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Add the popcorn to a large mixing bowl and pour the melted white chocolate and marshmallow mixture on top of the popcorn. Immediately sprinkle with the crushed sugar cookies and the valentine sprinkles.
- Toss to coat and spread the popcorn out evenly on a cookie sheet and allow to “set” for about 10 minutes.
- Break the popcorn into bite-size pieces and ENJOY!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g