When you mention Hawaii to your kids, do they think of beaches, sunshine, and volcanoes? Me too! Hawaii is an amazing place to study when you want to learn about geographical features and landscapes. For one thing, this state is actually made up of eight separate islands, which means that it has the fourth-longest coastline in the U.S. at 750 miles long!
With so much to learn, Hawaii is a fun craft topic! These fun and simple Hawaii crafts for kids feature natural learning ideas that children can try themselves to get an idea of just how incredible the Aloha State’s geography is!
Hawaii Crafts for Kids:
1. This Fingerprint Pineapple Craft is downright adorable! And, because it’s so simple, toddlers and preschoolers can get in on the crafting fun!
2. The Hawaiian lei is a traditional floral necklace often worn by natives. In fact, when guests arrive in Hawaii, they are often greeted with their own lei at the airport. Help kids make their own with this Construction Paper Hawaiian Lei craft!
3. Make an edible island of your own with this super cute Tropical Island Trifle dessert!
4. These colorful Salt Dough Shell Pendants are a gorgeous craft for older kids to make! The instructions include a recipe for DIY salt dough and then a full tutorial for making a seashell necklace kids can actually wear!
5. I’ve made the classic baking soda and vinegar volcano with my kids plenty of times. But this Easy Tape Volcano that really erupts is an even easier way to do this project!
6. Make your own palm tree with this fun Pipe Cleaner Palm Tree Craft! This would be a great addition to a beach diorama!
7. The marine animals that live in the Pacific are one of the biggest tourist attractions in the area. This Ocean Animal Small World is a neat craft for little ones!
8. Have cupcake wrappers in the pantry? Turn them into a simple Cupcake Liner Lei with just two supplies!
Do you have any suggestions for fun Hawaii crafts for kids that I might have missed? Share your ideas in the comments! And if you try any of these crafts, let me know how your kids liked it!