The state of Delaware is one of the smallest states in the U.S. In fact, one of its state nicknames is “The Small Wonder”!
Despite its small size, Delaware is full of fun facts, people, and places that you use for a homeschooling unit study. When you’re planning a unit on this Northeastern state, be sure to include these easy Delaware crafts for kids! There are projects here about the state’s landforms, animals, and cities!
And if you want more ideas for teaching geography to your kids, grab this free World Oceans Labeling Activity!
Delaware Crafts for Kids:
1. The strawberry is one of the state foods of Delaware. This easy paper Heart Strawberry Craft is just too adorable for kids to make!
2. Delaware has many state animals, including insects. The state butterfly is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail – a gorgeous butterfly with long colorful wings. Learn more about this butterfly and others with these free Butterfly Identification Cards!
3. Another state insect of Delaware is the seven-spotted ladybug. Use these cute Egg Carton Ladybugs to offer a hands-on craft for your little ones to try!
4. And to learn more about how ladybugs live, check out this printable Ladybug Life Cycle Coloring Page!
5. Since Delaware is located on the Atlantic Ocean, the east part of the state has plenty of beaches. Try this cute Beach in a Jar Craft!
6. Farming is one of Delaware’s major industries. Make your own farmland with this cute Play Farm Stand, complete with pool noodle “flowers”!
7. Of the foods that are grown in Delaware, one of the most common is corn. This Paper Plate Corn Craft is a fun activity to make during fall or any time of year that you’re studying this state!
8. Learn more about the cities and lakes in Delaware with this Printable Delaware Map!
More Delaware State Resources:
- Get your 14 page Delaware State Unit Study workbook here.
- OR save fifty dollars and get all 50 states’ workbooks here.
- Books about Delaware for Kids
- Delaware Crafts for Children
- Free State Fact File Worksheets
- Kid-Friendly Things to do in Delaware
Have you ever been to Delaware? Do you have any ideas for fun and simple Delaware crafts for kids to try? Share your thoughts in the comments!