These fourth of July pretzel sticks are delicious and simple to make. Who says that you can’t make your own “fireworks” with something tasty for your taste buds?
If you’re looking for a super simple dessert for the upcoming 4th of July, these red white and blue pretzels need to be on your radar. Simplicity at its finest!
Don’t forget to try this Red Velvet Cake Recipe as well. It’s another dessert that’s certain to be a show stopper.
Here’s the deal. I’m always the one to bring something sweet to the gatherings. Whether it be Memorial Day or the 4th of July, I’m down for making up a dessert.
But I also know that when everyone is outside running around and having fun, the last thing we all want is more plates and trash to worry about. This is why these pretzel rods rock. You can literally grab them and go.
It’s a truly fun patriotic pretzel that’s a candy coated treat that no one is going to want to miss out on!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Fourth of July Pretzel Sticks Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making these red white and blue pretzels at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Pork Chop and Rice Casserole Recipe
Vegetable Side: Recipes Using Cauliflower
Starch Side: Oven Sweet Potato Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Top Drink Recipes for Summer!
Don’t forget Dessert: Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Coated Pretzel Recipe, you just might find yourself in the mood for even more sweet treats! These cupcake recipes are ones that you need to try!
Your kids are going to go bananas for the colorful surprise hidden in these 4th of July Jello Cupcakes from Fat Dad Foodie!
More Chocolate and White Chocolate Recipes:
- Large pretzel rods (we used 12)
- Candy melts in red, white and blue (about ½ cup of each)
- Sprinkles in red, white and blue
- To make these pretzel rods, you are going to want to start with one color at a time. We started with blue. Melt your blue candy melts and then spoon them onto half of your pretzel rod.
- While your candy is still melted, generously sprinkle a large amount of the blue sprinkles to cover the candy completely.
- Make sure to catch the sprinkles on a plate, as you will be using quite a bit to cover your pretzels. You can then pour these sprinkles back into a small bowl to pour over your next pretzel rod.
- Now place your candy dipped, sprinkle covered pretzel rod on a piece of wax paper to dry.
- Repeat with a few pretzel rods until you have enough of your blue color.
- Now repeat steps 1-4 using your red candies.
- Now repeat steps 1-4 using your white candies.
- To make the tri-colored, red white and blue pretzel rods use the white candy melts and cover with a mixture of your red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Allow all of your pretzel rods to dry thoroughly. About 1 hour.
You can enjoy your 4th of July treat, or store them in a covered container in a cool area until your 4th of July party or BBQ!
It helps to have the following tools on hand, too:
- Bowl to mix ingredients in
- Plate to catch sprinkles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 9/23/2021