Who doesn’t love a good Dr. Pepper Cupcakes Recipe? I’m a fan of all Dr. Pepper recipes but this has to be one of my favorites.
There’s just something so moist and flavorful that Dr. Pepper brings to the table that I literally think about these Dr. Pepper cherry chocolate cupcakes all the time.
Make certain to check out my other Cupcake Recipes so you can have even more great ideas!
Mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl and baking in the oven is about as hard as this recipe gets! It’s really fun to create using soda and dry ingredients.
Dr. Pepper Cupcakes Recipe
Once you get the flour mixture ready, it’s all about putting the mixture in the muffin tin and baking in the oven. Who knew that you could do more with Dr. Pepper than just drinking it? This is why making cupcakes from a cake mix really is the best!
My boys aren’t really huge soda drinkers but they love a good soda-flavored cupcake! They get super excited anytime that I tell them that I’m thinking about making these cupcakes because they really do love the flavor.
Do these cupcakes really taste like Dr. Pepper?
They really do not, but they do have a cherry flavor. The best part about this Dr. Pepper Cupcakes Recipe is that they still taste like regular cupcakes do, but they are moist and fudgy!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Soda Cupcake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Dr. Pepper cupcakes with cake mix at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re ready to start meal planning, now is the time! I love to meal plan and I think that everyone in the family appreciates it as well. Meal planning saves me time and sanity and takes away the stresses of the day. It also helps everyone to know exactly what to expect during the day and week.
Main Dish: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Vegetable Side: Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots
Starch Side: Bacon Baked Beans
Refreshing Drink: Mint Julep Mocktail
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Cake Mix Cupcake Recipe, you can keep up with that momentum and make even more!
All of these simple cupcake recipes below are a great way to treat your tastebuds fast. These are just a few of my favorites and I can’t wait to hear what you think of them as well as this Dr. Pepper Cupcakes Recipe!
This Adorable and Delicious Octopus Cupcakes Recipe is one that the kids will absolutely love!
Love cherries? Try our Chocolate Covered Cherries Cupcakes next!
Everyone will get a kick out of these Unicorn Poop Cupcake Cones!
If you’re craving s’mores, these s’mores cupcakes are perfect!
This Insanely Delicious Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe is one of my all-time favorites!
Check out this Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe that is great for weekend treats or birthday party fun.
How do you know when cupcakes are fully cooked?
You just need to bake them for the right amount of minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean once you stick it into the center of the cupcake.
More Soda Recipes:
- ⦁ 1 box of dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- ⦁ 1½ cup of cherry flavored Dr. Pepper soda
- ⦁ 2 jars of maraschino cherries (one jar with stems)
- ⦁ 8 T of softened butter
- ⦁ 6 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ⦁ 7 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with cupcake liners.
- Use one jar of the cherries and cut them in half. Save the juice.
- Mix the cake mix and Dr. Pepper in a bowl. Fold in the cherries.
- Add the mixture to the cupcake liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- Use a spoon and remove the center of the cupcakes.
- Mix the cream cheese and butter with a mixer until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, one cup of it at a time. Once halfway done, add in 6 T of the cherry juice and mix. Add more sugar until the icing is thick enough to spread.
- Use a tip and a pastry bag and pipe the frosting into the hole in the cupcakes and then on the top as well. Top with a cherry that is whole.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 49gProtein: 1g
Do you think that these easy cupcakes are going to taste like Dr. Pepper?