Calling all chocolate lovers! This Double Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe gives you chocolate goodness in every single bite! When you’re craving that chocolate flavor, this is the best recipe ever! Be sure to check out the rest of my cupcake recipes for more sweet treats!
If you ask me, I don’t think it’s even possible to have too much chocolate in a cupcake recipe! Since this recipe has literally double the chocolate, it’s a good test to see what your tastebuds think!
When you can have chocolate cupcakes and chocolate frosting, why wouldn’t you? This is really a cupcake for chocolate fans – and it’s a good recipe to keep!
Double Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
What I really do enjoy about this light and fluffy cupcake recipe is that the cocoa powder that is added creates the perfect chocolate flavor without being over the top on sweetness. You can use all types of cocoa powder, but dutch processed cocoa powder is one of the best. It just pairs so well with the wet ingredients and adds such warmth of chocolate flavor.
My boys love when they see that the cooled cupcakes are coming to room temperature, because that means that adding the frosting in next and is one step close to diving in and eating them!
What are some other topping ideas for cupcakes besides frosting?
There are so many goodies that you can add to your cupcakes! Chocolate chips are always good, as is as little bit of powdered sugar!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Triple Chocolate Cupcake Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Double Chocolate Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’ve been meal planning for years and loving it. Won’t you join me? It’s a fast and easy way to let everyone in the house know exactly what to expect for dinner!
Main Dish: Waffle sandwich bento lunch
Vegetable Side: Copycat KFC Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Homemade French Fries
Refreshing Drink: Amazing Copycat Sonic Nerds Slushie
Best Chocolate Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe, it’s time to keep going! I’ve got some of my favorite chocolate desserts and recipes below that will be a true treat to your belly!
This OREO White Chocolate Fudge Recipe is one of our favorites to make over the weekend!
I love the flavor of this Easy Red Velvet Fudge Recipe!
Check out this recipe for Monster Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!
Everyone will love this Chocolate Snickerdoodle Recipe!
I love making this recipe for Grandma’s Chocolate Pie!
When you’re craving chocolate, make this White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies!
This recipe for Andes Mint Hot Chocolate will have everyone drinking up!
Is there a trick to keeping cupcakes moist?
Some people add in a little bit of sour cream or Greek yogurt to the batter, but you have to be careful of this. Too much will be too much moisture. Just a small amount will work fine.
More Cocoa Powder Recipes:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup softened room temperature Butter
- 4-5 cups Powdered Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 T Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grab a different bowl and beat together the oil, vanilla, buttermilk, and sugars for 2 minutes. The sugar should dissolve showing that it's done being mixed.
- Beat in the eggs and then add the flour mixture.
- Add boiling water and beat together.
- Add the batter to the liners 2/3 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter, icing sugar, and cocoa powder for 2 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. Beat until it's thick and smooth and holds peaks.
- You can add in more sugar, cocoa powder, or cream as needed.
- Put the piping into a bag and add a tip. Frost the cupcakes and add sprinkles.
Do you crave chocolate all the time? If so, when are you going to make these cupcakes?