These red white and blue waffles are perfect for the 4th of July! But dont limit it to just that day. Heat up that waffle maker to celebrate Cat in the Hat or Dr. Seuss Day as well! Youre going to love our easy blueberry recipes!
If you love waffles, youre going to enjoy every single bite of these blueberry waffles and strawberry waffles! Add a little bit of maple syrup and some whipped cream and youve got a true dessert or treat!
Dont forget to check out these Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls as well!
Dont these waffles remind of a bit of the American flag?! I just love how simple this recipe is to whip up in a jiffy!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Patriotic Breakfast Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
When making Strawberry and Blueberry waffles at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Just because waffles can be a complete meal on their own, they dont really fit the food pyramid. LOL! Make sure to get your protein, fruit, and veggies in as well.
Main Dish: Asian Beef Noodle Bowl Recipe
Vegetable Side: Easy Grilled Vegetable Recipes
Starch Side: Leftover Boiled Potato Recipes
Refreshing Drink: Milk would be best with this meal. However, you could also enjoy a refreshing juice beverage.
Dont forget Dessert: To me, these waffles are the dessert!
Best Blueberry Recipes:
Once you make this patriotic breakfast recipe, your kids are going to be asking for more recipes using blueberries! Here are some delicious blueberry options to give them what they want!
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- Easy Blueberry Crumble Dessert Recipe
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Recipe
Best Strawberry Recipes:
If youre loving the idea of strawberry waffles, check out these other recipes using fresh strawberries:
- Strawberry Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Surprise Freezer Jam Recipe
More Waffle Recipes:
- 2 cups of Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 4 tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoons Butter Extract
- 6 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- 1 cup of Blueberries (Chopped)
- 1 cup of Strawberries ( Chopped)
- Whipped Cream (for topping)
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles (for topping)
- Preheat your waffle iron, coat with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Add butter, vanilla, butter extract, milk and egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Separate batter into two bowls evenly.
- Add blue food coloring and blueberries to one bowl of batter, and red food coloring and strawberries to the other.
- Mix each bowl until well combined.
- Fill waffle iron with batter and cook until the waffles are golden brown.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 569Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 14g