Raise your hand if you’ve ever boiled too many potatoes for mashed potatoes! I know I have! LOL!
It’s super easy to cook too many potatoes at once, especially if you’re cooking mashed potatoes or potato salad for a large crowd. Then you end up with a pot of leftover boiled potatoes that just sits around for weeks in the fridge.
Now you can make use of those leftovers with these leftover boiled potato recipes! There are plenty of ways to put those cooked potatoes to use, including making salad, quiche, casseroles, and even dessert! Read on to find some delicious potato recipes you can try with your family!
For more starchy goodness, check out this list of 12 sweet potato recipes to make as well!
A quick note here: Some of these recipes still call for the potatoes to be cooked. If you’re using potatoes that have already been boiled, you can skip that step and just add in your cooked potatoes towards the end of the cooking time.
Leftover Boiled Potato Recipes:
1. Scalloped Potatoes are a super easy (and tasty) side dish you can make with pre-boiled potatoes!
2. This creamy Loaded Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup would be delicious with dinner rolls!
3. Turn cooked sweet potatoes into dessert with these Sweet Potato Donuts with Apple Pie Glaze!
4. Serve up this Mediterranean Potato Salad at a potluck lunch!
5. Put this Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup on in the morning and have a hot dinner by evening! (Add cooked potatoes during the last hour of cooking time.)
6. Use cooked potatoes to make this classic recipe for Irish Potato Candy!
7. Spice up your side dish with this recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and Thyme!
8. This Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole goes well with baked chicken or pork!
9. Serve dinner in one pot with this Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole!
10. This hearty Southern Potato Soup would be amazing on a cold night!
11. Short on supplies? Make this 3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup in just a few minutes!
12. These Mashed Potato Stuffing Patties are such a neat way to use up leftovers!
13. Make this Bacon and Potato Quiche for a family breakfast or brunch!
14. This Onion Mashed Potato Casserole is a superb side dish to pair with fried chicken!
15. Did you know you can use potatoes to make Sugar Doughnuts? Learn how in this super cool recipe!
16. Use your cooked potatoes in this yummy Twice-Baked Mashed Potato Casserole!
17. Try this Herb Potato Salad with barbecue ribs!
18. These Loaded Mashed Potato Bites are such a neat appetizer idea!
19. I love how beautiful these Potato and Chive Waffles are! They’d make a wonderful appetizer for a party!
20. Toss a few cooked potatoes into this hot Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes!
21. Looking for an easy weeknight meal? Try this Hamburger and Potato Casserole!
22. Mash up potatoes to make your own Potato and Spinach Gnocchi!
23. These spicy Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes look so, so good!
24. Make your own version of Olive Garden’s Spicy Zuppa Toscana – a sausage and potato soup!
25. Take classic mashed potatoes to the next level with this recipe for Loaded Mashed Potatoes!
Leftover Boiled Potato Recipes and Resources:
Make these and other delicious boiled potato recipes with these affiliate resources from Amazon!