So many people are trying different detox juices and other ways to try to get healthy! The summer is a great time to rejuvinate and cleanse your body. Swimsuit season is upon us and many of us are searching for a jump start on a diet and/or excercise program. A detox can be a good way to do that.
Veria.com is an online extension of the national health and wellness TV network Veria Living and has tons of delicious, healthy recipes that will be welcome at your next family meal! They have some great healthy recipes to help you eat healthier – like this Detox Juice recipe!
If you are looking for a great tasting juice to help you detox, check out this Detox Juice recipe filled with carrot juice and some great fruits that blend well together for a great tasting juice that is so good for you!
- 6 small carrots, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled
- 1 apple
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 3 heaping T. raw honey
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper or other hot pepper powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Juice the carrots, ginger and apple and pour into a 2- quart jar with a tight lid.
- Juice the oranges and lemon in a citrus juicer or squeeze with your hands if you don’t have a citrus juicer.
- Add to the jar, along with the honey, hot pepper and garlic powder.
- Screw the cap on tightly and shake well.
- Fill up the rest of the jar with cold water, and shake again to mix.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 48 hours.
And be sure to check out Veria.com for even more great, healthy recipes!