I won’t lie, this Spaghetti Pie Recipe is one of the best, easy weeknight dinner recipes that I fall back on time and again when we need a delicious, easy meal we all love.
Oh, but if you’re just here for the easy weeknight dinner aspect of this yummy meal, be sure to check out my awesome list of easy recipes for busy moms. There’s a little bit of everything there and you’re sure to find something to make tonight!
But back to this amazingly tasty pile of spaghetti, cheese and meaty goodness. You can’t tell me that doesn’t look awesome.
You’re going to love having this for dinner.
Tips to Make Spaghetti Pie
Making this baked spaghetti is ridiculously easy, but, if it’s your first time, I can see how it might be intimidating–I mean, it’s spaghetti and pie…how do those two words even belong together in a sentence?!
But in all seriousness, there’s a few tips I have to help you get your spaghetti pie put together in minutes with no sweat.
- Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees while you’re boiling the noodles. Start it too early, like when you’re browning your ground beef and your oven will get hot before you’re ready.
- Boil your noodles in salted water–it supposedly makes the water boil faster. But that’s not actually true. What it really does is increases the boiling point of your water, which makes the water hotter when you add the raw spaghetti, which gets them cooked faster. Sneaky.
- Just get your cooked spaghetti noodles to that al dente state of still-kind-of-firm because it’s going to get a little softer in the oven.
- Strain your meat using your spaghetti strainer and then just rinse the strainer before you drain your spaghetti. No sense in dirtying more dishes.
- You will want to put the meat in a large bowl off to the side while you cook the noodles. Just so we’re clear–they don’t need to be in the pot together. LOL!
- To get the most amazing pasta sauce, don’t skimp on the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and cottage cheese. You have to trust me on this.
- Make sure your spaghetti noodles are covered with tomato sauce or cheese or they’ll become a spaghetti crust on top and no one is going to like that.
- If you don’t want a meat sauce, you can just make your spaghetti mixture without the meat, then add 1-2 cups of sautéed mushrooms to your spaghetti sauce, to add that extra fill. If you do this, just bake for 30 minutes, as per the recipe–nothing else changes.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Spaghetti Pie Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Spaghetti Pie at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Make it a Meal:
Vegetable Side: Bacon Broccoli Salad
Starch Side: Pumpkin Seed Bread
Refreshing Drink: Pumpkin Punch
Don’t forget Dessert: Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow
Best Spaghetti Recipes:
Once you make this Spaghetti Pie Recipe, you’ll see how fun it is to make pasta dinners super fast in the evening. They’re just so filling for the kiddos that seem to have a bottomless pit for a stomach! So, I’ve pulled together the best spaghetti recipes just for you.
- Spaghetti Alfredo with Bacon, Mushroom and Tomatoes
- Fiesta Vegetarian Spaghetti
- Keto Spaghetti Bolognese
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes:
If you’re just here for the epic epicness that is being able to make a hands-off dinner super fast on a weeknight, well, I have the most awesomely easy weeknight dinner recipes you’re sure to love:
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Ground beef, tomatoes, and noodles are the perfect comfort food! Add some gooey cheese and you get a nice twist on a regular classic - that everyone is sure to love!
- 1 small package, (mine was 7 ounces) of spaghetti noodles cooked in salty water, then drained.
- 1 pound of ground hamburger meat
- 2 Frozen seasoning blend muffins
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 Small can of tomato paste, 6 ounces
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of white granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup 8 ounces Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Brown and drain the hamburger meat, then add back into your pot. I rinse my pot, but don't clean it. That leaves a bit of grease in it to keep things from sticking.
- To the meat add: seasoning blend muffins, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, italian seasoning, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer while completing the next step.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, butter, egg whites and Parmesan cheese.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Top with cottage cheese and beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 807mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 45g
Wednesday 2nd of June 2021
I may have missed it, but what is a seasoning blend muffin?
Saturday 5th of June 2021
uh oh, looks like my link was removed somehow! Thanks for letting me know. I will get the post updated asap. :-)
The frozen seasoning blend muffins are my own creation and measurement. LOL! You can find the info here: https://3boysandadog.com/frozen-seasoning-blend-oamc/