I had a little party and decided to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow. Freaking genius, seriously–so good, we ate it all before the party and I had to make another double batch for the event.
If you’re just here for the Reese’s part of this puppy chow, I don’t blame you. But, if you’re here because you just love puppy chow, well, friend, I have to tell you, you need to check out this list of Puppy Chow Recipes!
Also, if you don’t check out these 15 Muddy Buddy recipes, well, you don’t know what’s good for you.
Back to the amazingness of this particular Reese’s puppy chow recipe though. It’s like a little marriage between peanut butter and chocolate with that tiny bit of crunch from the corn chex (or rice chex or whichever you decide to go with).
And the light coating of powdered sugar (or in this case, fudge mix–mmmmm…) makes every dessert better. Sooooo…let’s get makin’!
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow
If you’ve never made muddy buddies before, you should definitely not be intimidated by this peanut butter and chocolate puppy chow. It’s seriously simple.
You’re just going to put your peanut butter chips (you’d normally use milk chocolate chips) in a large bowl and melt them in a few bursts in the microwave. Then you mix in your Chex cereal.
Some recipes call for you to stir in vanilla, but I feel like that flavor is just lost in the overall Reese’s pieces flavor.
At this point, I then pour this peanut butter coated cereal into a bag and shake with the brownie mix. This creates a kind of chocolate peanut butter mixture that’s absolutely irresistible.
Then just spread this out on parchment paper and let it cool to room temperature to set.
So good…So very very good.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Butter
- Betty Corker Fudge Brownie Mix
- Even though the recipe doesn’t call for Peanut Butter Chips (or are they chocolate chips peanut butter or is it peanut butter chocolate chips? I have no idea what to call them) they just would make a great mix-in, if you’ve got them
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Puppy Chow Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Muddy Buddies at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Parchment Paper total life-saver in so many situations. In this particular situation, you just need it to keep the counter clean.
- Medium Microwave Safe Bowl a true staple.
- Gallon-Sized Zipper Baggy because sometimes you need the best.
Make it a Party:
Main Dish: BBQ Meatballs everyone will rave about. And they’re so fast to make, you just set and forget!
Party Tray: Meat and Cheese Plate Ideas too easy not to try. This is one of those “I wish I’d known” kind of party foods.
Veggie: Asparagus Spirals make a pretty appetizer veggie and really people genuinely like them. Even though they’re asparagus.
Refreshing Drink: S’mores Mocktail add some peanut butter whipped cream and you’re talking Reece’s Mocktail all the way!
Best Puppy Chow Recipes:
Once you make this Reese’s Muddy Buddies Recipe, you’re going to realize just how perfect for a party this little snack can be. It’s seriously the perfect party food. So, you’re obviously going to need more options for future parties, right? Well, I’ve got that covered with some ideas for muddy buddies so good you won’t want to share!
More Reese’s Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes:
Oh, you were just here for the perfect combination of peanut butter and milk chocolatey goodness? Me too. Don’t worry, though, I’ve got you covered with some of the most delectable treats of all time right here:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies make for memorable desserts no matter who you are!
- No-Bake Reece’s Squares are so easy, you just follow the directions and yumminess is in your mouth in no time!
- Reece’s Banana Bread you have to trust me on this one–it’s ah-mazing.
- 1 Cup of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar (if needed)
- 4 Cups of Chex cereal
- Place 1 cup of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in a microwave safe container. Microwave at half power for 30 seconds, remove container and stir. Repeat this process until all chips are melted. (Be sure to check it regularly, chips will burn in the microwave).
- Add 4 cups of Chex cereal into a bowl. Once chips are melted, pour the melted chips into the bowl with the Chex cereal. Fold until all Chex cereal is coated. (This process may take a few minutes, but the melted chips will coat the Chex cereal).
- Place 1/2 cup of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix in a gallon ziplock bag and add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix well.
- Remove Peanut Butter coated Chex cereal from bowl and put into gallon ziplock bag with brownie mix and sugar. Seal the bag and shake well. All peanut butter-coated cereal needs to be covered.
- Line a baking tray with wax paper, pour the muddy buddies onto the tray evenly.
- Allow the muddy buddies to dry completely before combining. Add embellishments (Reese's Peanut Butter Mini's) if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g