For a very long time, if I had to bring a dish to a family function, I would bring Four Layer Delight. It is oh so yummy and looks a bit more difficult than it is. That made me feel like a little Martha. LOL!
Can you see the layers? It is actually much easier to see them while it is still in the glass dish, but who cares if you can see them as long as you can taste them? LOL!
- 2 c self-rising flour
- 1 c pecans chopped
- 2 sticks melted margarine
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 8 oz pkg cool whip
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 lg pkg instant chocolate pudding (or two small)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- LAYER ONE: mix first 3 ingredients and pat into ungreased 9 x 13 in baking dish. Bake for 15 mins. Cool Completely
- LAYER TWO: blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 cup cool whip, 1 tsp vanilla and spread over cooled first layer.
- LAYER THREE: mix pudding according to directions adding ½ tsp vanilla. Spread over layer two.
- LAYER FOUR: Immediately before serving, spread remaining cool whip on top. I sometimes garnish with shaved chocolate bar, more chopped nuts, or mini chocolate chips.
If you like this delightful dessert, you will like any of these as well!