We love books by Laura Numeroff in our family! And, since her books are so funny to read, it’s fun to make them into units by adding some simple crafts and activities for kids!
When you read the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, you might wonder how to make this book into a lesson you can share with your kids! If so, try these awesome If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Activities for Preschool!
There are crafts, activities, and printables you can use to extend this classic book into a homeschooling lesson!
This is an awesome lesson plan for toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary-aged students. Be sure to pick up the book “If You Give a Cat a Cupcake” to read together before starting your crafts and activities!
If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Activities for Preschool:
1. These Bubblegum Cupcakes are a perfect treat to enjoy after reading the book!
2. Make this super cute Puffy Paint Cupcake Craft with the littles!
3. Want a pre-assembled craft project? Try this ALEX Toys Little Hands Cupcake Craft!
4. If you have older children who are sitting in on storytime, they’ll love this Wire Wrapped Cat Craft!
5. Use this Cat Scissor Skills Craft to help young ones work on scissor cutting skills!
6. Raise little bakers with this sweet DIY Cupcake Kit for Kids!
7. Have extra toilet paper rolls lying around? Turn them into this absolutely adorable Cardboard Roll Cat Family!
8. Use your extra laundry to make this smart Flannel Washcloth Cupcake Craft!
9. Bath time will be extra fun with this Munchkin 4-Piece Cupcake Squirts Bath Toy!
10. Use colored paper to make this Paper Cupcake Craft with the kids!
11. All you need is a paper plate and some paint for this Paper Plate Kitty Craft!
12. This Soap Foam Cupcake Station makes a wonderful sensory play idea for preschoolers! This is one of my favorite If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Activities for Preschool because of the sensory aspect. LOVE!
13. Bake up a batch of these Confetti Lemon Cupcakes to nibble while reading!
14. Toddlers and preschoolers will love this fun Counting Sprinkles Busy Bag!
15. Bake your own special treats with this tutorial on how to Make Your Own Cupcake Liner Template!
16. Make your playtime glittery with this fun Sparkly Cupcake Activity for preschoolers!
17. Print this Cat Coloring Page and let the whole family get in on the fun!
18. This Origami Cat Craft is just the cutest thing ever. I want to make a million of them.
19. Decorate a no-mess cupcake by coloring this Adorable Cupcake Coloring Page!
20. Make this sweet-smelling Cupcake Play Dough and have a pretend bakery!
21. This all-wood Melissa & Doug Bake and Decorate Cupcake Set is a perfect cupcake toy set for little hands!
22. Let the kids make this DIY Cat Mask Craft and put on a play of the story!
23. These Easy Felt Cupcakes would make a wonderful busy bag activity!
24. Kids can color these Printable Paper Cat Masks and assemble them in no time!
25. These fun Butterfly Cupcakes would be a sweet spring dessert!
26. Make this Paper Plate Gray Cat with older children!
27. Teach preschoolers to match patterns with this Cupcake Matching Activity!
28. Children can make this Printable Paper Cat Craft and then paint it to match the cat in the story!
29. This DIY Cat Ears Headband is so cute I want to wear it myself!
30. Dress up your baked treats with these Dress My Cupcake Decorating Colored Sugar Crystals!
31. Use this Foam Dough Cupcake Making Station to keep your younger ones occupied while you bake!
More Cupcake Recipes:
Make this If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Activities for Preschool lesson plan even yummier with these delicious cupcake recipes you can bake with kids!