Learning the difference between big and small is one of the basic concepts children learn in preschool. At first, this can seem like an unimportant activity, but distinguishing sizes is an important math skill for kids to learn.
These big and small preschool activities for kids include fun ways to help young children learn to spot the differences between these sizes easily! Plus, there are even ways to get younger and older kids involved in the fun!
Big and Small Preschool Activities for Kids:
1. Love printables? Grab these Big and Little Worksheets to use with your preschooler or elementary-aged student!
2. Challenge the kids to find big and little outdoor objects with these Big and Small Action Cards!
3. Pixar fans will love these Big and Little Monsters University Printables!
4. Make your own Big and Little Construction Site where kids can compare PVC pipe lengths to find the differences in sizes!
5. Learn about winter animals with this activity Comparing Arctic Animal Sizes!
6. Use regular household object for a math lesson when you Teach Sizes with Kitchen Containers!
7. Compare and contrast big and small footprints with this Animal Track Sizes activity!
8. Reinforce letter learning with this adorable Big and Little Letter Activity based on the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See!
9. Get a set of these Big and Little Preschool Printables with a fun Three Little Pigs theme!
10. Combine math and motor skills with this Big and Little Pom-Pom Push activity!
11. Have an infant in the family? Try this fun Big Bear and Little Bear Activity for Babies!
12. This Big Letter, Little Letter Stamping is an easy way to introduce uppercase and lowercase letters while discussing big and little sizes!
13. Have some sensory fun with this Big and Small Ocean Water Bead Sensory Bin!
14. Make this easy DIY Felt Rainbow Size Sorting Game to help kids learn sizes quietly!
15. Turn this topic into a full lesson with the ideas in this Big and Little Preschool Lesson!
16. Use pom-poms in this fun Big and Little Sorting Activity!
17. Learn how to teach sizes by doing Size Sorting with Rainbow Frogs!
18. This One Fish, Two Fish Size Sorting Activity is a great idea for a Dr. Seuss lesson!
19. Do a Size Hunt with Bubbles – super fun for your smallest kids!
20. This adorable Big and Small Cupcake Liner Sorting activity uses cupcake liners and straws to make cute umbrellas!
21. Read the classic story The Three Bears and then do this The Three Bears Size Sorting Experiment!
22. Use this Printable Shape and Size Sorting Activity to cover this topic easily!
23. These Preschool Animal Big and Small Sorting Cards are handy take-along lessons for kids!
24. Here’s a Flower Sorting by Size Printable that’d be perfect in the spring!
25. These colorful printable Rainbow Bear Size Cards are easy for preschoolers to use themselves!
26. Do your kids love trains? This Comparing Size with Thomas the Train activity is simple and perfect for them!
27. Study animals of the African savannah with this African Animal Big and Small Sorting Printable!
28. Read the Eric Carle classic and then do this Size Sorting with The Very Hungry Caterpillar activity!
29. Use this Penguin Sorting Sensory Bin to separate these winter birds by size!
30. The kids will have a blast with these various Orange Crafts for Kids!
31. Use these 20 Easy Tissue Paper Crafts for Preschoolers as a way to help them stay creative!
32. This list of 20 Adorable Paper Crafts To Do With Kids will have them creating all day!
33. These Wax Paper Crafts for Kids are so much fun!
34. They’re going to love these Adorable Dog Crafts for Preschoolers!
34. These Peppermint Crafts for Kids are perfect for Christmas fun!
35. Use these Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids for Thanksgiving fun!
36. These Christmas Handwriting and Coloring Page for Preschool are great for holiday learning!
37. These Candy Cane Activities for Kids are great for fun!
38. These Super Fun Art Activities for Boys are always a great idea!
Big and Small Preschool Resources:
Use these fun resources to teach big and small to your preschooler!