I have to admit: I’ve never been to Hawaii. (I would love to go, though, so if anyone wants to just invite me – that’s cool.)
But I’ve eaten Hawaiian food several times in my life and it. is. delicious. I’m already a fan of pineapple and many Hawaiian recipes use it, so I will automatically love almost all of the dishes I try.
And that got me looking for some delicious Hawaiian main dish recipes to try with my family! And I found some really great ones that I can’t wait to add to our meal plan! Take a look and see if you get some dinner inspiration too!
Need a party drink to go with your perfect Hawaiian cuisine meal? This beautiful Frosty Hawaiian Mocktail is a perfect punch the family will love!
Hawaiian Main Dish Recipes:
1. This gorgeous Hawaiian Pizza Braid featuring pineapple and Canadian bacon looks complex, but the instructions are pretty easy!
2. Put this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Barbecue Pork on in the morning and serve it over hot rice in the evening. Perfect!
3. This Pasta Puttanesca with Seared Ahi looks absolutely lovely. It’d be a perfect date night dinner to share with your sweet!
4. I’ve never heard of using green tea to marinate pork, but this recipe for Slow Cooker Green Tea Kahlua Pork really does sound good!
5. Hawaiian cuisine often includes fresh fish (naturally), so I know this recipe for Lomi Lomi Salmon will be delish!
6. Instead of ordering out, make your own Hawaiian Chicken BBQ Pizza for dinner! Kids will love it!
7. This hearty Braised Hawaiian Pork Shoulder would be a delicious dinner entree. Just pair it with rice, steamed vegetables, and rolls!
8. This is my first time finding out about Chicken Char Siu – chicken thighs cooked with hoisin sauce and honey – but I know it’s going to be amazing. I can’t wait to make it!
9. Throw a miniature luau in your kitchen and swap out the roast pig for this Hawaiian Roast Chicken!
10. Hawaiian cooking takes a lot of inspiration from Asian cuisine. This Hawaiian Stir-Fry Shrimp would be amazing! Plus, it cooks up quickly!
11. Tired of boring old hamburgers? Try this recipe for the Maui Luau Burger made with pork!
12. Add a little tropics to your game day party with these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Nachos!
13. Short on pantry staples? You can make this Crockpot Kahlua Pork with just three ingredients!
14. These Hawaiian-Style Beef Short Ribs look wonderful! They’d be excellent with buttered pasta!
15. Go light at dinner time with this recipe for Baked Hawaiian Chicken!
16. I love one-pan meals. They make cooking (and cleaning up) so easy! Definitely making this Hawaiian One-Pan Pasta soon!
17. Here’s another one-dish meal: a Hawaiian Spam Skillet Dinner! This is a quick one to make on busy weeknights!
18. Serve this hearty Hawaiian Ginger Chicken Stew with mashed potatoes!
19. Having a barbecue soon? Cook this Huli Huli Chicken on the Grill featuring a marinade made with pineapple juice!
20. These sweet Hawaiian Meatballs would be an awesome party finger food!
21. Put this Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken on and relax while dinner gets cooked for you! (That’s my kind of meal!)
Hawaiian Main Dish Recipes and Resources:
Ready to try even more Hawaiian main dish recipes? Grab these affiliate resources from Amazon!
- Jean Hee’s Best of the Best Hawaii Recipes
- Proctor-Silex Roaster Oven, Stainless Steel
- Sam Choy’s Little Hawaiian Cookbook for Big Appetites
More Delicious Hawaiian Recipes: