Pineapple choosing and cutting can be a bit tricky, but don’t let that persuade you to avoid these delicious sounding fresh pineapple recipes! In March, pineapple is in season. That means they are at their peak in flavor and price! Visit your local farmer’s market and grab a few. Then, come home and try out these sweet and savory fresh pineapple recipes!
Don’t panic! Faith Filled Food explains to us how to choose and cut pineapple! Plus, Chaos is Bliss has a great tip for an easy way to core a pineapple!
Fresh (and canned) Pineapple Recipes:
- Breakfast or Cocktail hour – these Pineapple Mocktails are perfect for folks of all ages!
- The Pineapple Salsa from Everyday Southwest is sure to be a crowd pleaser! You could even make some cinnamon chips to use to dip them! Oh so yum!
- Easter is coming and these Easter Bunny Pineapple Smoothies would be perfect for breakfast!
- Oh man, this Pineapple Dessert Topping is screaming my name! How fabulous would this be on an Angel Food cake?
- Garlic Lime Chicken with Pineapple and Jalapeno Salsa sounds like something that would quickly become my husband’s favorite meal!
- Whip up some of cream cheese icing and spread it over this Pineapple Coconut Cake Recipe for the perfect Aloha dessert!
- Kids getting antsy? Pineapples & Cool Whip make the perfect Kids’ Snack to “un-bore” their little minds!
- I mentioned it so many times that by popular request, I got our Pineapple Casserole photographed and added to the blog! Go check it out!
- Is this an oxymoron? Candy Covered Fruit – who cares? Sounds delish!
- Refresh your throat with this Pineapple Mint Granita from Around My Family Table!
- The Pineapple Whips can confuse you for a minutes… unless you see exactly what the are! Scroll back up to the picture above… bottom left! Nice, right?
- Sweet Fruit and Savory Fried Rice – this sounds like the perfect meal for this split weather time of the year!
- Bacon, cheese, and pineapples… what’s not to love? Mix it together to create these Bacon & Pineapple Stuffed Cheeseburgers for a wonderful delight!
- Break out the grill to make these simple Cinnamon Grilled Pineapples!
- Peter Pan Pudding – sounds fun, right? Be sure to hop over to see why Momma Young at Home calls it that!
- Jam – oh Jam! I like jam… all kinds of jam. Though I have never had pineapple jam… it is on my next to make list!
- It only takes 2 ingredients to make this weight watchers angel cake – can you guess what they are?
- Remember how I said earlier that the topping would be good on an Angel Food cake? (See number 4) Well, Savings Lifestyle knows it too! Check out her Angel Lush Cake!
- Grilled Pineapple Dessert– oh my… YES PLEASE!
- If you have never had pineapple on a burger, you are missing out! Start small with these Aloha Sliders and you will understand the draw!
- The BBQ Pineapple and Chicken Quesadillas was shared by Closet Cooking way back when I has Southern Mom Cooks! I am so glad I still have all those links because this quesadilla looks UH-MAY-ZING!
- Carrot Cake Jelly – what? Seriously, looks so very good – check it out!
More Fresh (and canned) Pineapple Recipe Resources:
As if the above 22 recipes aren’t enough, here are a few cookbooks geared strictly towards fresh pineapple recipes.
- Pineapple Greats: Delicious Pineapple Recipes, The Top 100 Pineapple Recipes
- Hawaii’s Favorite Pineapple Recipes
- Pineapple Recipes
No fresh pineapple and still want to make these? No worries! You can substitute!
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and cored = about 5 cups, cubed
- 2 pounds of whole, fresh pineapple = about 3 cups, cubed
More substitutions can be found at About Pineapples!