I have boys, but they are not afraid of “girly things”. In fact, my youngest will tell you in a heartbeat that “Real Men Wear Pink” and has made it his favorite color just to dare people to say something. LOL!
This Unicorn Vanilla Ice Cream is probably just about as “girly” as it gets. On the other hand, it is ice cream and most guys are not passing that up, no matter what it looks like. My guys are all pretty masculine and tough boys – even my dancer is very masculine, ask anyone who knows him. But, ice cream is ice cream. LOL!
So, whether you have boys or girls, they will love this easy homemade Unicorn Vanilla Ice Cream! Plus, with only 3 real ingredients (plus sprinkles & coloring) it is pretty simple to whip up at anytime.
Isn’t that so pretty? I can’t think of one single girly-girl that wouldn’t love this. My youngest niece would squeal over this for sure! I’ll have to make another batch the next time we have a get together.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Unicorn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making your own ice cream at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Stand Mixer (I love my Kenmore mixer so very much)
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish (preferably with a lid)
Ice Cream Scoop – I would be lost without my scoop. I have had it for almost 20 years and it still works amazing!
Not required, but these waffle bowls are adorable!
More Unicorn Recipes:
How pretty is this Unicorn Poop Snack Mix from MomDot?
Love this Unicorn Popcorn from Juggling Act Mama
Almost Supermom has blown my mind with these Magical Unicorn Doughnuts!
- 2 pints Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14 oz. Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Unicorn colored sprinkles
- Pink, yellow and blue food coloring
- Begin by placing 2 pints of heavy whipping cream into a stand mixer bowl, and beat on high until the heavy whipping cream has gone just past making stiff peaks. This will help your ice cream hold its shape a bit more. Be sure not to whip your heavy cream too long, or you will begin to make butter.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla to the heavy whipping cream.
- Pour in 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk, and fold the mixture together until it is well combined.
- Put on third of the ice cream mixture into a bowl, and add a few drops of blue food coloring. Stir the mixture lightly until the color is well incorporated.
- Pour the blue colored ice cream mixture into a baking dish, and spread it out evenly.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the yellow and pink food coloring, layering the new colored ice cream mixture in the baking dish as you go.
- Once you have layered all of the different colors, drag a butter knife through the ice cream mixture in the baking dish to lightly swirl the colors together.
- Top the ice cream mix with some unicorn colored sprinkles of your choosing.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for at least several hours, but overnight is best. Once it has set, dish out the ice cream as you normally would, top with more sprinkles, and enjoy!
Best Ice Cream Recipes:
Once you make this Unicorn Ice Cream Recipe, the kids are going to love it so much that they are going to start asking for even more homemade ice cream. Don’t fret! I have picked out the best homemade ice cream recipes for you to try this summer. 🙂
Make your own Vanilla Snow following this recipe from Happy Hooligans
Weight Watchers friendly and Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream from My Crazy Good Life
I just loves peaches! The smell, the color, the flavor, the juicy texture, you name it. That is why I am in love with this Homemade Peach Ice Cream from She Wears Many Hats.