Are you a fan of the flavor of carrot cake? If so, you’re going to love this Carrot Coffee Cake recipe! Not only is it delicious, but it’s the perfect way to start your day.
While you can totally eat this on its own, pair this coffee cake recipe up with a nice hot cup of coffee or some tea and see how the flavor really comes out!
Since Easter is literally right around the corner, it just makes sense to make up a loaf (or two) of this super simple coffee cake! After all, you have to make it a couple of times to be certain that you like it, right?
The great part about this carrot bundt cake recipe (besides the crumb topping, of course) is that it’s great to freeze and save for later, too.
If you make up a loaf and can’t finish it all, just store it in your freezer until you want it again.
I have a feeling that leftovers aren’t going to be a problem at all because this carrot cake recipe is perfectly delicious.
Tips for making this Carrot Coffee Cake Recipe:
Make certain while you’re gathering up all the other ingredients that you allow your oven to preheat fully. This is an important step!
Grate up the carrot so that it’s super fine and small. While it’s important to have the ingredient in the recipe, you don’t want to have big chunks of carrots that are noticeable.
For the cream cheese glaze, it’s super important to have your cream cheese get to room temperature or you’re going to have lumps in it that you won’t be able to get rid of.
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using so I’ve included them below.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Carrot Coffee Cake recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Delicious Carrot Coffee Cake at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Life can be totally chaotic and not leave much time to plan. Luckily, I’ve got you covered with delicious meal plans that all members of your family are going to love.
Main Dish: Healthy Chicken Pasta Recipes
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Drink: Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
Best Cake Recipes:
Once you make this delicious Carrot Coffee Cake recipe, you’re going to want to make even more delicious treats as well! This list will be some of the best cakes, ever!
This Apple Butter Walnut Coffee Cake is out of this world!
Don’t miss out on this Cranberry Pecan Pound Cake!
You’re going to love the taste of this Cherry Almond Coffee Cake!
More Dessert Recipes:
- Green Velvet Cupcakes
- Easy Smore’s Cookies
- Easter Cookie Dip
- Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Strawberry Valentine Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot
Ingredients for the Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- While preheating, prepare a 1- inch tube pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, grab a large bowl and add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar and whisk. Then set aside for later.
- Grab another bowl and mix together the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once that is mixed, add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together.
- Once mixed, take and add in the nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and carrots.
- To make the topping, you're going to want to whisk the brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour together.
- Then add in the butter and cut the ingredients using a pastry blender until the entire mixture looks like sand.
- Once that is achieved, add in the chopped pecans and stir.
- Next, take and pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Then, top it with half of the streusel mixture.
- Once that is done add the remaining batter on top and then top that with the rest of the streusel.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes, then remove from the pan. Place it on a wire cooling rack to cool entirely.
- Once the cake is cool, make the cream cheese glaze by combining the cream cheese and butter, using a mixer. Add in the vanilla and mix.
- Then, beat in the powdered sugar and one tablespoon of heavy cream. You can add more cream until it's like you want it.
- When the cake is cooled, lift it off the inner tube pan and place it on a wire cooling rack.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake and allow the glaze to set before enjoying.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 6g