As most of us know, the pilgrims were among the first English settlers in America. Since they arrived in the fall, autumn is a perfect time to try some Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids with your children!
Studying about history can be a little bit challenging if you have young children. Completing some fun crafts and activities can make it much more fun for kids! Be sure to add in some age-appropriate books about pilgrims and early American settlements so that you can keep your children reading.
In addition to the following Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids, your child can find the letter P is for Pilgrim with my fun worksheet.
Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids:
1. This Pilgrim Hat Cake is super adorable! Plus, it’s a dessert the kids will want to help make!
2. Turn hand-prints into a history lesson with this Pilgrim Hat Handprint Art project!
3. Whip up these cute Pilgrim Hat Cookies and let the kids gobble them up afterwards!
4. Use wooden craft spoons to make these simple Spoon Pilgrims!
5. Nearly everyone has toilet paper rolls lying around. Grab a few and make some Paper Tube Pilgrims!
6. Let the kids make paint footprints and then add a few details to make these Footprint Cornucopia and Pilgrims!
7. Print this Pilgrim Journey Minibook to help children learn the basics of how the pilgrims arrived!
8. This Styrofoam Cup Pilgrim Hat Craft is adorable and it’s simple to make!
9. Work on letter recognition with toddlers using this fun Pilgrim Hat Alphabet Match activity!
10. Preschoolers will love spotting the letter “P” with this P is for Pilgrim Do a Dot Worksheet!
11. Learn how to make a DIY Pilgrim Bonnet!
12. Stock up on craft sticks and make this Popsicle Stick Pilgrim Craft!
13. Put a twist on a basic pilgrim hat with this Popcorn Pilgrim Hat Craft!
14. Still have toilet paper rolls to use? Make a few of these Pilgrim Hat Toilet Paper Roll crafts!
15. Let your youngest kids help with this Pilgrim Hat Handprint Art craft!
16. These Pilgrim Napkin Rings would be so cute for a family table setting!
17. Make a Paper Pilgrim Bonnet and Hat Craft and have the kids reenact the landing at Jamestown!
18. Kids love reading about the Pete the Cat, so they’ll have a blast making this Pete the Cat Pilgrim!
19. Create your own Pilgrim Photo Puppets and help kids put themselves in the story!
20. Use these Pilgrim Shoe Place Cards to set the table when you have guests over!
21. Making simple crafts can help children learn to follow instructions. Try this Make a Pilgrim Activity Pack!
22. Upcycle your breakfast containers into a craft with this Cereal Box Pilgrim!
23. Add some worksheets into your study with this Printable Pilgrim Unit for early learners!
24. Let the children assemble their own pilgrims with this Paper Pilgrim Craft!
25. Kids can help to complete this Printable Pilgrim Book and practice reading while they learn about history!
26. This Pilgrim Paper Plate Craft only requires a few basic supplies! You probably have them all already. 😉
27. Use paper scraps to create this Pilgrim Collage Craft!
28. These Finger Puppet Pilgrims would be so much fun for a kid-made puppet show!
More Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids Resources:
Use these Amazon affiliate Pilgrim resources to do more fun Pilgrim Crafts and Activities for Kids!
- Sarah Morton’s Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Girl
- The Story of the Pilgrims
- The Pilgrims of Plimoth (Aladdin Picture Books)
If you want even more ideas for how to cover this part of American History with young children, don’t miss my I is for Indian Worksheets and my M is for Mayflower Worksheets to go along with these activities!