This DIY Healing All Over Body Butter can be used on your lips, skin, hair to relieve the symptoms and clear up rashes, psoriasis, eczema, cracked skin, and more! If you’re looking for a home remedy for dry and rough skin that uses essential oils, this is the one for you.
I went to a conference and was given a sample of a bottle of Skin Care from Rocky Mountain Oils. I talked with the knowledgeable staff there and couldn’t have been more pleased. Consequently, thanks to this NON-MLM company I am now a true EO believer. The proof is in the
pudding pictures! I started with only putting on one elbow, the worst of the two, so I could really see if it was working… you tell me.
You’re going to love this DIY healing balm for psoriasis that can really have great results. While nothing is ever a given, this recipe can be a big help in relieving overall dry skin. I’ve used everything from petroleum jelly to aloe vera gel and this is my favorite Rocky Mountain Oils body butter recipe.
If you’re tired of having dry skin and are just looking for a simple way to treat it at home, rest easy knowing that there are options that can work! You just need to be prepared to put a little elbow grease into creating this home remedy and you’ll be amazed by the results.
DIY Healing All Over Body Butter
The following recipe was given to me freely by my good friend Rashelle of Joy Made Essential. The ingredients list contains affiliate links to my recommended products. Read past this list to find out my top reason for loving Rocky Mountain Oils eCommerce company!
Disclaimer: The links used within this post are affiliate links, so I do make a bit off things if you purchase using my links. However, the opinions stated are my very own and I think my image above proves my love of Rocky Mountain Oils!
What do you need to make this simple DIY Elbow Butter recipe?
Yes, you read that right! Only two ingredients. This is my kind of DIY recipe and that is why I made and use it! Anything that only takes two ingredients works for me!
I gave my mom one, put one on my kitchen windowsill, put one on my nightstand, one on my computer desk, and one in my purse. I still have a few more as these vials are about lip balm size, but it only takes a very small amount at a time.
This simple recipe is great to make and take with you and to store in various places like I have! You can also use this simple healing butter recipe as a great DIY gift idea, too. Perfect for birthdays, holidays, spa days, or just a fun way to give someone a little self-care kit with this as the main gift.
Ways to Use This Healing Body Butter
There are many ways you can use this healing body butter, but here are a few of the ways I have already used it. It’s a great skin barrier to help your skin heal.
- I rub a bit into my nails each evening to keep my cuticles soft & healthy and help my nails to grow strong.
- I put it on my psoriasis all through the day and can already see a marked difference! It really does moisturize your skin.
- My husband has a heat rash near his hip and I put it on there only once for him as it was itching. The itch stopped immediately and his rash has already improved over 20%. I am glad I am writing this, I need to put some more on him. LOL!
- The ends of my hair are dry and brittle. I put a small amount on my hair ends as needed. (This is probably from my hot shower addiction! Warm water might be better for my hair and not dry it out as much, too)
- I also put some on my hands and then smooth my hands down my hair to tame the frizzies.
- I put some on my lips to soften them up. It really has helped to heal dry lips for me.
Those are just a few of the uses! If it is part of your body, you can put a bit of this healing body butter on there! I can’t wait to hear how you use this recipe. No matter what skin condition you have, this can relieve dry areas and soothe dry skin.
I found this to be especially useful during the colder months of the year as well when my dry skin is just going CRAZY. (and trust me when I say that I’ve literally tried anything and everything that you can buy over the counter and this recipe is one that truly never lets me down!)
Is shea butter good for psoriasis?
It is! There are actually anti-inflammatory properties that you’ll find in shea butter that will help to get rid of that itchy feeling while also providing relief to your skin as well. People who have eczema or other skin conditions like psoriasis may find shea butter to be extremely beneficial.
Why does this healing body cream only take 2 ingredients?
Because Rocky Mountain Oils has taken the guesswork out of creating a healing skincare oil blend! They did it for us! (Have I mentioned how much I love this essential oil company?!)
Skin Care contains:
- Cucumber – Lightly herbal aroma can comfort irritated skin and improve the shine of hair.
- Lavender – Lavender promotes the natural healing of the skin, minimizing scars, blemishes, and bruises. It may reduce the discomfort of dry, irritated skin, including that associated with mild sunburns.
- Frankincense – The healing properties of Frankincense can encourage healthy emotions and support your respiratory, nervous, and immune systems.
- Carrot Seed – Carrot Seed Essential Oil’s sweet and earthy aroma can ease nerves and anger while supporting the immune system and healthy skin.
- Neroli – Tone and tighten skin, while improving the appearance of blemishes, stretch marks, spider veins, and scars, when you include Neroli as part of your daily skin care regimen. (Psst, don’t even try to buy this on its own! Get it in one of the blends to save money!)
- Roman Chamomile – Fresh, herbal, and fruity aroma can uplift your mood and support your digestive system as well as soothe sensitive skin.
- Rose – A gentle yet efficacious skin and hair care product, which can tone and tighten skin while comforting dry, irritated areas. The oil also assists in soothing the scalp and adding luster to the hair. (Psst, don’t even try to buy this on its own! Get it in one of the blends to save money!)
Reading to learn how to make this simple body butter recipe? You’re going to love the fact that it’s going to be done and ready almost as soon as you get started! The best part? You don’t even have to leave your house to get your supplies. Isn’t life great?!
- 40-45 drop of Skin Care EO Blend
- 1/2 Cup Shea Butter
More Essential Oil Recipes
- Simple and Affordable Essential Oils for Problem Skin
- Essential Oils for Kids with ADHD
- Best Carrier Oils to Dilute Essential Oils
A tad bit about Rocky Mountain Oils:
Shipping – All orders within the United States qualify for free economy shipping. Orders have an estimated delivery time of 2-7 business days! They even have a neat little chart to help you estimate your shipping time if choosing the free shipping option.
Return Policy – Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. Yes, seriously! They even send you a shipping label so you don’t have to pay to return the product. No more worries about “what if it doesn’t work or I am allergic” simply return it!
Safe and Healthy – RMO provides GC/MS (Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry) test results from a verified third-party, independent lab for each one of their essential oil products. In fact, on the bottom of your bottle is a batch number. You can go to their site and enter your number. This will give you the results of your bottle’s testing!