The state of New York features one of the largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. – New York City! In addition, the Empire State is home to national parks, amusement parks, and even beaches. Naturally, it’s a fun unit to learn about with children!
What better way is there to get kids excited about studying the U.S. than making fun crafts together? These New York crafts for kids include art projects, STEM building ideas, and printables that you can use to enrich a homeschooling unit study about the state or to encourage your kids to get more interested in geography.
And, if you’ll be visiting the Empire State soon, don’t miss my list of places to see by bike in NYC!
New York Crafts for Kids:
1. The state of New York has many rivers, including the Hudson River, the Mohawk River, and the St. Lawrence River. Help the kids learn more about the animals that live near rivers, try this River Habitat Water Play!
2. Let the children make their own cityscape with this super neat Colorful Cardboard City craft project!
3. There’s no way you can study the Big Apple without doing an apple-themed activity! Your preschoolers will enjoy making this simple Yarn Apple Craft!
4. The Statue of Liberty is one of New York City’s most recognizable landmarks. The kids will have a blast making this cute Statue of Liberty Toilet Paper Roll Craft!
5. Use this Printable New York Map to help the kids recognize major cities and lakes in the state!
6. This free New York Places Wordsearch Printable is a neat way for kids to memorize places in NY!
7. Your little ones will enjoy adding designs to this Printable New York Coloring Page!
8. Give your older kids a bit of a challenge with this New York Mystery Dot-to-Dot Printable!
Are there any New York crafts for kids you’d like to try? Share your suggestions and ideas in the comments!