Wanna wow your family for the next gathering or TV night? This Bacon and Cheddar Steak Fries Recipe is sure to be a hit! My kids love to get french fries or loaded mashed potatoes when we go out to eat. So, I tried combining the loaded part and the fries part. Yes, instant success!
Anyone can make a delicious oven steak fries recipe, but adding the delicious toppings is what puts you over the edge!
This Bacon and Cheddar Steak Fries recipe makes a great appetizer or snack for a Bowl Game or party. But, it is also delicious as a side dish for your next burger meal! To be honest, this recipe is so simple that your older kids can throw it together in the afternoon as an after-school snack!
Steak Fries Must Have Resources:
4 in 1 Wonder Chop – Chop, Dice, Fine Chopper and Fruit Wedger
Set of eight 6.25-ounce glass bowls with eight plastic lids – perfect for holding different toppings
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
More Delicious Steak Fries Recipes:
Copycat Red Robin Fries from Work it, Mom!
- 3 large baking potatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or any oil if you have allergies - like olive or canola)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- ¼ C Bacon Bits or Crumbled Bacon
- ½ C Shredded Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake until just about done, about 30 minutes.
- Season fries with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle cheese and bacon (in that order) over the top.
- Replace in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese begins to soften and melt slightly.