This Valentine Rice Krispie Treats Recipe is a simple treat for all. The marshmallows’ chewiness and colorful pink and red sprinkles will prove that they’re the perfect sweets for your sweeties. Making Easy Homemade Valentines Desserts is a must this year!
Cut into bite-sized squares and share, or enjoy a giant piece. Who says you have to share? As the baker, you get to decide!
My biggest tip for making Rice Krispie treats is that parchment paper will be your best friend! Using it will remove the worry of the dessert sticking to the pan.
This also means that you won’t be wasting any good, either. It’s so good, and you will want to enjoy all of it that you can!
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
More than likely, you have made Rice Krispie treats a time or two in your day. I used to make these when the boys were super little because they’re fast and require minimal prep work.
Now that the boys are older, I still go to recipes like this one because they ask for them, and I’m happy to whip them up. I love having festive treats in the house for snacks when they walk through the door.
If you’re a fan of Valentine’s Day, have the kids help in the kitchen and make a batch. It doesn’t get any better than a plateful of these sweet treats to sit down and enjoy.
Why are my homemade rice Krispie treats hard?
Having tough rice Krispie treats isn’t fun for anyone. Their texture is supposed to be soft and chewy, so if they’re tough, that is a big indicator that something during the cooking process was off.
The biggest reason Rice Krispie treats are hard is that the heat on the stove that was used to melt the marshmallows was too hot.
Be sure to melt the marshmallows on a lower heat setting, as the slower process will help to keep the Rice Krispies soft and chewy.
Remember to stir the entire time so that none of the marshmallows burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the M&M Rice Krispie Treats Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Easy Pink and Red Rice Krispie Treats at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is something I love, and everyone in my family also appreciates it. Knowing what to make and how long to make it is a great way to communicate easily with all.
It can be as straightforward or as complicated as you want!
Main Dish: Tangy Crockpot Pork Stew Recipe
Vegetable Side: Asparagus Spirals
Starch Side: Baked Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Orange Mocktail Recipe
Best Rice Krispie Recipes:
Once you make this Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Recipe, you will love to see how easy and simple it is to change the taste. There are so many varieties that I had to share with all of you!
Here are some of my favorite treats and sweets that anyone can make! Go for it. Spoil your tastebuds!
This Cotton Candy Rice Krispie Treats Recipe is fun colors and flavors for all to enjoy!
My boys love when I make these White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies! We love to eat them during the holidays!
I love making these Rice Krispie Treat Pumpkins during the fall months of the year!
Make these Peeps Rice Krispies for Easter fun. They’re perfect for the dessert table.
Heart Rice Krispies are perfect for adding to your baking radar!
If you’re a fan of the Grinch, these Grinch Rice Krispie Treats are a lot of fun to do!
The flavor of these Yummy Puppy Chow Rice Krispie Treats is unlike anything you’ve ever had!
Should you refrigerate rice Krispie treats?
You don’t have to add these sweet treats to the fridge. They are fine to set at room temperature until you eat them.
You can, however, add them to the fridge if you want to. The biggest thing to remember is that you must have a lid on them while in the fridge.
This helps to keep them from getting stale and to stop them from absorbing the scents and flavors of other food items in the fridge.
If you want the treats to be at room temperature to eat, all you have to do is set them out for a few minutes and let them come to temperature. It won’t take long at all until they’re no longer chilled.
More Marshmallow Recipes:
- Valentine Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- Egg Nog Marshmallows Recipe
- Fast and Easy Octopus Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows (you'll be dividing them for the recipe)
- 7 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 ½ cup Strawberry Milkshake flavored M&M’s
- 3 tablespoons Valentine's sprinkles
- candy melts (white, red, pink)
- Add parchment paper to a 9X13 glass baking dish. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Add the butter to a pan and melt over medium heat. Stay close and stir to make sure that it doesn't burn.
- Once the butter has melted, set aside 1 1/2 - 2 cups of marshmallows to use later, and then add the rest of the marshmallows into the pot.
- Stir almost the whole time until the marshmallows are melted.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour in the cereal, sprinkles, and M&M's and gently fold it all together to combine.
- Add the marshmallows that you had set to the side and fold them in as well. Do this quickly so that the marshmallows keep their shape and so that you won't melt the M&M's.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Melt the candy melts per the directions on the package, and then drizzle across the top of the treats.
- Top with more sprinkles and more M&M's.
- Let the treats set on the counter for 60 minutes. Cut and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 1/10/2023
Are you going to share these Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Squares with your loved ones this holiday?