Check out the flavor of this Shirley Temple Soda Cupcake Recipe! When it comes to making cupcakes, add this to your list!
I love the bright color of the cupcakes and frosting. They’re fun to make and super fun to look at as well! Use these for parties!
Since you get to use a cake mix, these cupcakes are a breeze to bake! You’ll love how simple they are!
Shirley Temple Soda Cupcake Recipe
My boys are all about these cupcakes. They love the flavor and love how bright they are color! I also really enjoy being able to make them quickly.
I’ve used this cupcake recipe for birthdays, parties, and events. It’s always a flavor that everyone loves and wants more of!
If you’re craving cupcakes and need a new taste, try this simple soda cupcake recipe. You’ll love it so much!
What is a Shirley Temple?
A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic cocktail that generations of kids and adults alike have enjoyed. It was named after the famous child actress of the 1930s, known for her curly hair and charming personality.
The drink typically consists of ginger ale, grenadine, and a splash of lemon juice, which gives it a sweet and tangy flavor. Some variations also include orange juice or a cherry garnish.
Although originally intended for children, many adults enjoy Shirley Temples as a nostalgic and refreshing alternative to alcoholic beverages.
Whether you are sipping on one at a kids’ party or ordering it at a fancy restaurant, a Shirley Temple is a classic drink that will surely put a smile on your face.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Cake Mix Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Shirley Temple Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’ve been planning out the meals for a year and I love it. It’s an easy way to take away the stress and wondering of what to make!
Main Dish: Pasta Primavera with a Basic White Sauce
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Oven Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Cherry Vanilla Soda Fountain Drink Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
You will want to make more cupcakes once you make this Simple Soda Cupcake Recipe. This is why they’re one of my favorite desserts!
Try this Smores Cupcakes Recipe this weekend!
Make this Key Lime Cupcakes Recipe the next time you have a craving.
Pumpkin Cupcakes are one of the best desserts for the fall!
I love making these Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes for parties!
Oreo Cookie Cupcakes are one of my favorite cupcakes to make!
Find out how to make the best Easy Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes this year!
Try making a batch of this Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes Recipe!
Can I use cake mix for cupcakes?
Yes, you can use cake mix to make cupcakes! Using cake mix for cupcakes is a great option for those who want to quickly and easily make delicious cupcakes without measuring all the ingredients.
Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box, but instead of baking the cake batter in a cake pan, scoop the batter into cupcake liners or a greased cupcake pan.
You may need to slightly adjust the baking time for cupcakes as opposed to a full cake, but after that, you’ll have perfectly fluffy and delicious cupcakes that are sure to be a hit with everyone!
More Soda Recipes:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼-1 ¾ cups Shirley Temple soda
- Cherry Jello (divided)
- 2 sticks softened salted butter
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Shirley Temple soda
- Cherry Jello (divided)
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Red coarse sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the cupcake liners to a pan.
- Add the cake mix to a bowl. Add the oil, soda, and egg whites and mix with a mixer. Add 1/2 - 3/4 of the jello and mix.
- Add the cupcake batter into the liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. (about 2 minutes)
- Add the vanilla and salt.
- Mix in the rest of the jello.
- Grab a different bowl, and mix the milk or half and half and the soda.
- In the other bowl, add the powdered sugar one cup at a time while also adding a little bit of the liquid mixture between each cup that is in the other bowl. Mix for 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Add the food coloring to your liking.
- Fill the piping bag with frosting and top the cupcakes. Add sanding sugar and straw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 9/15/2023
Will you make a double batch of these Shirley Temple Cupcakes?