Recipe Courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
BJ’s is currently offering a Free 60-Day Trial Membership which can be activated between now and July 5. The risk-free, trial membership includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge. A basic 12-month membership is $45. Here is the link where you can find and print the pass to take to any BJ’s club.
Pasta Primavera– Recipe courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
A classic dish loaded with healthy veggies. Serves 4 at $2.44 per serving
- 8 oz. Barilla® Linguine
- 1 small Summer Squash, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. Asparagus Spears, 2″ pieces
- 8 oz. Green Giant® Baby Carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup Berkley & Jensen® Grade A Fancy Peas, defrosted
- 1 recipe White Sauce (below)
- ¾ cup Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Grape Tomatoes (Optional)
- 1. Add pasta to large pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. Cook 4 minutes.
- 2. Add all vegetables except peas to pot with pasta. Cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente.
- 3. Drain immediately and transfer to large serving bowl. Add peas and toss to mix.
- 4. Prepare white sauce according to recipe. While still hot, add ½ cup shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- 5. Pour cheese sauce over pasta-vegetable mixture and lightly toss to mix.
- 6. Serve immediately garnished with remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese and Grape Tomato halves (optional).
BASIC WHITE SAUCE for pasta primavera Makes 2 cups.
Your microwave’s cooking times may vary. Please watch carefully.
- 4 Tbsp. Land O’Lakes® Sweet Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1. Melt butter on high in 1-qt., microwave-safe bowl, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- 2. Stir in flour, using spoon to break up lumps, until smoothly blended.
- 3. Add milk, salt and pepper and stir until completely blended.
- 4. Microwave on high, pausing to stir every 30 seconds or so, until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Variation: Add 2 cups of shredded Cracker Barrel® Sharp Cheddar Cheese and toss with cooked elbow macaroni for mac and cheese.
BJ’s Wholesale Club has over 180 locations in 15 states. Click here for a detailed listing of locations by state.
*DISCLAIMER: BJs supplied the pasta primavera photos and recipe for my In The Kitchen With Kelli Series. I was not sent any product or money for posting these.*
Technorati Tags: RECIPE, Pasta, Primavera, Basic, White, Sauce, Courtesy, Wholesale, Club, Free, Trial, Membership, member, benefits, savings, surcharge, Here, dish, Barilla, Linguine, Summer, Squash, Asparagus, Giant, Baby, Berkley, Jensen, Grade, Fancy, Peas, Sargento, Parmesan, Cheese, Grape, Tomatoes, Optional, Directions, Cook, Drain, bowl, Prepare, Pour, mixture, Serve, Tomato, cups, times, Tbsp, Land, Sweet, Butter, Gold, Medal, Purpose, Flour, Milk, Salt, Black, Pepper, Melt, Stir, Microwave, Variation, Cracker, Barrel, Sharp, Cheddar, Click, DISCLAIMER, Kitchen, Kelli, Series, product, money, Ingredients, pieces, Carrots, Lakes, locations, photos, recipes, vegetables
find professional disc
Sunday 23rd of June 2013
Appreciating the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
Sunday 7th of April 2013
I have read so many articles or reviews concerning the blogger lovers but this article is actually a fastidious paragraph, keep it up.
The Southern Product Queen
Tuesday 17th of January 2012
Love this post Kelli! I'm having a linky party, and would love for you to join! Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party-3 Thanks for sharing!!!
Tuesday 17th of January 2012
oh how i love a good primavera! serious yum going on here.
visiting via TTJ and would love to have you stop by kate spade/vintage jewelry giveaway: http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/something-old-something-new-giveaway.html.
Thursday 12th of January 2012
Perfect for the lunch I need to make tomorrow. Thank you!