Do you love citrus flavor? If so, this Key Lime Cupcakes Recipe is the best! It’s loaded down with great taste that everyone will love! Sweet treats like this are the best!
The coloring and flavor of this cupcake recipe make it perfect for summer parties, gatherings, and more! So simple to bake!
Making cupcakes homemade is a fun family activity! It gives everyone the chance to join in on the baking fun!
Key Lime Cupcakes Recipe
We’ve been spending more time baking in the kitchen together, and I have to admit that it’s a blast. The boys love helping out and knowing that what they’re eating, they’re a part of!
The fun part about baking cupcakes is that they’re so simple to flavor. Adding the lime flavoring to the cupcakes creates a fun and tasty surprise!
Combining the cupcakes with homemade frosting proves it doesn’t have to be difficult. Just a few easy ingredients are needed to create these tasty treats.
Does lime juice and lemon juice taste the same?
Regarding citrus fruits, lime and lemon are two of the most popular. While they may look similar on the outside, many people debate whether or not they taste the same.
Some argue that lime juice is sweeter and less acidic, while others claim that lemon juice has a more tart flavor.
Ultimately, the taste difference between lime juice and lemon juice may be subtle, but it’s there.
For those who love to cook or experiment with different flavors, experimenting with both types of juice is a fun way to explore new tastes and add some variety to your dishes.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Key Lime Citrus Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Citrus Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Now is the time to stop stressing out over planning the meals and let this easy guide help! You’ll love getting this task done in a jiffy!
Main Dish: Boneless Pork Chops and Broccoli Recipe
Vegetable Side: Thai Sweet Asparagus Recipe
Starch Side: Parmesan Steak Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Pineapple Mint Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
You will want more yummy flavors once you make this Vanilla Cupcakes with Lime Recipe! I don’t blame you – I love making all the options below!
This Pina Colada Cupcakes Recipe is one of the best! So yummy and delicious!
I love when I make a batch of this Pink Flamingo Cupcakes Recipe!
Countdown Cupcakes are the perfect cupcake to bring in the new year!
These Ice Cream Cupcakes are some of the best you’ll make!
Check out the fun flavor of this Pineapple Soda Cupcakes Recipe!
This simple Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe has the best flavor!
Everyone in the house will appreciate it when you make this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe!
Can I add frosting to warm cupcakes?
The tantalizing aroma of freshly baked cupcakes fills your kitchen, and you eagerly count the minutes until they are ready to be frosted. But wait!
You’ve heard that adding frosting to warm cupcakes can cause a creamy disaster. Fear not; if you follow a few simple steps, you can have your cake and frost it too.
First, ensure your cupcakes have cooled to at least room temperature before applying frosting.
Next, apply a bit and see if it holds steady on the cupcake. If it does, you’re good to go to frost the rest!
More Lime Recipes:
- Lime and Ginger Tilapia Recipe
- Amazingly Simple Copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade
- Authentic Key Lime Recipes
- 1 ⅔ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ¼ cup of cold milk
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- 1 Tbsp key lime juice
Key Lime Frosting Ingredients:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ t.sp alt
- 1 tsp Key lime zest
- 2 Tbsp Key lime juice
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed
- Additional key limes for decoration, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the egg whites, milk, key lime juice and zest, and oil. Mix well.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a different bowl. Whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low for 1 minute. Scrape the side of the bowl and mix on medium speed for another minute.
- Add the cupcake batter to the liners, 2/3 full.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool before adding frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix the butter and shortening. Add the key lime juice, zest, salt, and half the powdered sugar. Mix on low until most of the sugar is incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and then add the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Mix on medium speed for one minute. If you need to add more lime juice to thin out the frosting, you can.
- Add the frosting to the pastry bag that has a large round tip on the end.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the frosting on top starting at the outer edge.
- Add the crushed graham crackers by putting the crumbs on a plate and then carefully following the edges of the frosted cupcakes to coat them.
- Slice the limes and add one in the middle of the frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/17/2023
Are you going to make these fun Lime Cupcakes for a summer dessert?