If you’re planning a Halloween or Fall-themed party, you’ll want a sweet treat that fits the theme. These festive Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes fit the bill! Using store-bought cream cheese frosting makes decorating a breeze.
Add these easy pumpkin cupcakes to your list of Easy Pumpkin Recipes! I promise they are straightforward to make. You’ll use a simple yellow cake recipe with some pumpkin and spices added.
These Halloween cupcakes can be decorated however you choose; I’ve included three options below. Use whichever tickles your fancy and fits well with the supplies you have on hand.
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Decorating Tips:
- Option A: Add orange food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Put one flat layer of frosting onto each cupcake. Using a black gel food coloring tube, draw concentric circles around the top of the cupcake. Use a toothpick to draw lines through the circles, making it look like a spider web.
- Option B: Frost the cupcakes using high dollops of the cream cheese frosting. Use Halloween-themed black and orange sprinkles over the top.
- Option C: Add orange or black food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with Halloween-themed sprinkles.
Optional Halloween Cupcake Decorating Supplies
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes
The best part about making themed cupcakes like this is that they’re perfect for a Halloween party or celebration. We make these every year – and they’re always a hit!
Adding the fun spiderweb on top is a must – to give them that spooky spider look! Have everyone decorate their own and see how unique and fun they can be.
What other cupcake toppings can you add?
Powdered sugar is an excellent option if you don’t want to add other toppings. You can also change up the flavor of the frosting to give it a different taste and a potential new look.
Don’t forget that adding fun Halloween sprinkles on top can really change the look as well. The more toppings that you want to add, the more fun and unique these delicious cupcakes will be.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Spiderweb Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Halloween Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of meal planning. It’s the best way to stop stressing over meals and get food and dinner on the table.
Main Dish: Hamburger Meat and Pasta Recipes
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Bacon and Cheddar Steak Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Paloma Mocktail Recipe
Best Cupcake Recipes:
Once you make this Homemade Halloween Cupcakes Recipe, it’s time to make more cupcakes. There are so many fun cupcakes recipes to make – and so little time!
I’ve saved you a few steps and gathered some of my favorites below!
This Smores Cupcakes Recipe has the best s’mores flavor and taste!
This Cotton Candy Cupcake Recipe is perfect for birthday parties!
Pumpkin Cupcakes are the perfect treats for fall! A must-make!
Add these Bunny Cupcakes to your Easter treats and desserts!
Oreo Cookie Cupcakes are going to become your new favorite dessert!
This simple Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe screams Christmas!
You’ll want to make a double batch of this Blue Raspberry Soda Cupcake Recipe!
How do you store baked cupcakes?
The last thing that you want to have to happen is for your cupcakes to dry out. You can easily prevent this with your storage method!
Once you decorate the cupcakes, add them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. They will stay longer fresh in the fridge!
You can also freeze baked cupcakes without frosting and then thaw them and decorate them at that point in time. This is a great way to prep and be ready for future snacking!
More Halloween Recipes:
- Spooky Halloween Mocktail Recipe
- Crunchy Halloween Monster Munch
- Halloween Eyes Dunkaroo Dip
- Halloween OREO Balls
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or cooked mashed pumpkin
- I used a store bought can of Cream Cheese Frosting because I think it tastes great with the pumpkin in the cupcakes.
- Orange food coloring combine 3 drops red to 5 drops yellow
- Black food coloring gel
- Halloween Sprinkles (or chocol
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Prepare a cupcake tin by either lining it with papers or greasing and then dusting with flour.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake at 350º for 12-15 minutes, checking frequently. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, frost with store-bought cream cheese frosting (found in the baking aisle). I like the Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Store, refrigerated, up to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g
Do you plan to add more Halloween toppings to these delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes?