This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love the Grinch. And this Homemade Grinch Bookstack for Christmas is so adorable, and it’s amazingly easy. Best Cricut craft for Christmas ever.
If you love this fun bookstack craft for Cricut, you can rest assured that there are a lot of fun ideas to display with it. Just check out these 7 adorable Christmas home decor items. I mean, that little candy cane tree would look perfect with this bookstack. I’m just sayin’.
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
Back to this Grinch themed book accent decor, though. It’s so cute–you can see these fun books being in the Grinch’s cave home, maybe titles that he would read on a cold, dark evening.
Because he’s a mean one, he might have a coffee, too, but, frankly, you know he likes hot cocoa, even if he won’t admit it.
And because you know he has that potential to be the sweet, lovable creature that he is, maybe he’d put some treats out for Max. You know, because he’s just so mean, but also softhearted…
Erhm, so back to the project itself. Don’t worry if you don’t have a Cricut, you can still cut out the vinyl with an exacto knife. The Cricut just makes the project goes a million times faster.
If you wanted to, there’s a lot more you could do with these easy cut files for The Grinch decorations. You could take the same SVG files and make a wall sign or put them on Christmas ornaments.
So many fun ideas.
And as long as you stay within the red and green colored Christmas decor color scheme, with red berries, funky twisted Christmas tree and all that red of a Santa Claus suit.
So easy to bring together with this classic Dr. Seuss whimsy.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Red vinyl
- Hardcover Books (I suggest getting them at a thrift store)
Reminder, not all supplies for the Homemade Grinch Bookstack for Christmas are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Grinch Bookstack for Christmas at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Best Grinch Ideas You Can Make
Once you make this Homemade Grinch Bookstack for Christmas, you’re going to need some ideas to expand on your fun Grinchmas decor. I mean, it’s like a bright red and green Christmas craziness that just needs to be exapanded on for some whimsical fun. Good news for you, I have some awesome Grinch ideas you can make and use.
- Easy Grinch Cookie Recipes Kids Will Love
- Grinch Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for Kids
- Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids
More Cricut Projects:
- If your book still has it remove the paper dust jacket and toss.
- Give the cover of your books an all-over coat of white paint, I try to pick up white or light-colored books when I can but that’s not always possible, but a couple of coats still give even black books a good coverage.
- You may find that you need a second or even a third coat to give it a solid white base and make the letters on the side of the books slightly less noticeable.
- Once your books have completely dried stack them together and hold them in place by adding a few dots of hot glue between each book and press down firmly until it’s secure.
- Wrap one end of the book sack with green tulle ribbon, wrap it around at least two times and then tie a bow on top, trim off the excess ends.
- Using your Cricut software cut out the words, I just made up some random book titles I thought might be on the grinches shelf but you could also use a quote from the movie if you like. I made my lettering slightly less than a half-inch each, I downloaded the “Grinched” font from dafont.com if you would like to use the same!
- I find with lettering the smaller and more delicate it’s actually easier to reverse weed your letters. This simply means that instead of peeling off the larger piece of vinyl and leaving your letters on the mat you rub a piece of transfer tape onto the vinyl lift it off and hopefully if you’ve rubbed everyone well the letters come off on the transfer tape, if you start to peel and you see they are still on the mat just rub a little more.
- Lay the transfer tape and letters over where you’d like them to be on each book and rub them in using rubbing to or you can use the edge of a credit card.
- Your subtle grinch design is ready to be put to use in your coffee bar, coffee table, and table, or wherever you’d like to show off your love of the Grinch.